Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2004 Shooting Goals

Singlestack

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been concentrating hard on smart practice and have had a few enlightening ideas this year.

End result is that instead of giving up on "B" class, I'm now so close it's disgusting with a 59.881 average. My greatest USPSA shooting accomplishment to date has been making #8 on the L-10 "C" class top 20. I imagine if anyone notices, I'll get to hear more than a few "sandbagger" remarks in the near future.

I'm pretty jazzed that I have figured out decent practice routines that have shown immediate improvement to my match scores recently. I'm also still having fun. My main thing for 2004 is continuing to refine my practice sessions while trying to call each and every shot.

You are so right, I love it.

It's embarassing when I look up my Classification;

Gm Open 95.xx

M Limited 71.xx

M Limited 10 48.xx

Production 32.xx

I keep wanting to work on the others, but I can't seem to get away from the open gun, it's just sooo much fun and soo fast.

Told my wife my New Years resolution is to make M in L-10 in 2004. I am the #9 L-10 B class shooter now, so I have my work cut out for me. :D

Matt, after finishing 3rd at the nationals in Production, I would hope you will make GM in 2004. I just can't believe you let TGO beat you. HA ;)

I’d like to take this opportunity to thank Brian and everyone one on this board for the wealth of knowledge, product opinions, rants, insights, and jokes which have help to inspire me to return to the sport.

I think my last big match was the Miller Invitational in 1989. My goals for ’04 are to get qualified in both IDPA and USPSA, and to shoot three-gun as well. I will be shooting limited in both (single stack 45,) and Limited Optical in three gun.

I have my sights set very high but I’ll not make any predictions on my performance, I don’t want to hear you guys and girls laughing.

WOW, this is kinda like a News Years resolution.

Ok here's mine;

Loose 5-10 lbs

Start Cardio training

Start weight training

Dryfire daily

Place Top 10 @

FL Open

FL State

Area 6

Georgia St

Nationals???

Area 2???

I will make "B" class limited this year (I can start working on it as soon as I put this #%!^! revolver down!!!!)

Orca, I had not thought of the word "without emotion" but that is how I have been trying to shoot. When I can just clear my mind at the line, I shoot so much better.

dj

0. Look even better than I already do, have lots more fun, and not get anyone hurt

1. Get classified in Production, hopefully C-class from the get-go

2. Make B-class in Limited-10 (hey, it could happen! :rolleyes: )

3. Avoid last place in any major match in which my gun functions from start to finish

4. Shoot as much 3-gun as possible

5. Learn to be 10% less sassy

Rino :D LMAO

I will start to go to the local match (Linea de Fuego) twice a month and get classified. It is amazing that in shooting matches for about a year that I never hit enough classifiers to qualify.

More dry fire

More practice at the range

And most important HAVE FUN! :D

Happy New Year,

Jim

I have very modest ambitions at this instant.

Get classifed to something in Open ... everything after that is pure bonus :-)

We'll refine the ambition after I have some calibration.

Kevin

My goal is to pick one and practice. I also want to lose 50 pounds (down 20 in the past two months), and work on movement. I won't be measuring success by the classification system. Rather, I will measure success by how I feel about myself and how I feel about my shooting.