Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

View New Posts in My Topics

benos

Next to "View New Content" is now "View New Posts In MY Topics."

It's supposed to do what it's title says - find Topic you started with new posts since your last visit.

I'd recommend clearing your browser's cache and deleting all brianenos.com cookies before trying it. Because the first time I clicked it (w/o doing that) a bunch of Topics were returned that I didn't start. Clearing cookies and cache took that total down to 2. :)

The programmer's fairly irritated with me at this point. I've been working on it for a week of evenings - back and for the with the programmer. The first instructions had 2 errors, one of real significance. So he fixed that one, and it turns out the fix also had an error, which took me forever to find.

So hopefully it will work fairly well. If it doesn't I may just pull the plug on it.

NOTE: Don't click the "Mark all items as read" link after clicking View New Posts in my Topics - because it marks the whole forum as read!

:o

be

Strange... I cleared cache and all my be cookies and the "View New Posts in My Topics" returns the same stuff as "View New Content" does. Hmmm.

Looking into it...

be

Same here...

By the way, this is a fantastic feature! Saves clicking around a bunch of times to accomplish the same objective... I'm wondering though, is the intention for this feature to return only updated threads we started ourselves, or will it return all the updated threads in our "Watched Topic" list? I'm hoping it's the latter... B)

Can't you do all this from your profile? View posts? I believe you can even go back to your last 200 posts. I really liked the view new content. I don't want to scan the entire board just see what new topic or post is there. Change it back! (not that it's working for me either! :rolleyes: )

How do you go back to past posts. i cant see more than a handful. i like the idea of this new feature...assuming it ends up working properly :sight:

Corey, go to your profile, on the left, under your avatar, you'll see some headers, "find topics", "find posts", "display name history". Click on the "find posts", that'll bring up your last 200 posts.

How do you go back to past posts. i cant see more than a handful. i like the idea of this new feature...assuming it ends up working properly :sight:

Corey, go to your profile, on the left, under your avatar, you'll see some headers, "find topics", "find posts", "display name history". Click on the "find posts", that'll bring up your last 200 posts.

:cheers: :cheers:

:cheers: :cheers:

Like that, huh? That's why I don't understand the "view new topics in my posts" thing. It's pretty much already there.

Edited by GrumpyOne

The support for this mod is weak, inaccurate at times, and rude at times. I think I'm going to remove it - it doesn't look like it will work with Fulltext searching. Which is what we have to use unitl IP upgrades to the next version of their software.

be