Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ice vs. S&A Magwell

xcelr8n

These are photos of prototype aluminum mag bases that I've been working with. These work with the Dawson ICE and fit the box. They fit Wilson 47D's, Wilson ETM and McCormick mags. As shown they have been blasted after machining. I'm looking at either duracoat or anodize to finish.

Oh, now I see, you are holding out on me.

Brian

These are photos of prototype aluminum mag bases that I've been working with. These work with the Dawson ICE and fit the box. They fit Wilson 47D's, Wilson ETM and McCormick mags. As shown they have been blasted after machining. I'm looking at either duracoat or anodize to finish.

Do you need a beta tester? :D

Are your basepads different for the 47D's and ETM's to compensate for the difference in body lengths?

Yes

Working on any that fit Tripp mags ? :cheers:

I don't have any of the Tripp 45 mags. The only Tripp mags I have are the 10 round 9mm mags. On these the base pad attaches with two self tapping screws. I've added extended pads on the 9mm mags I have. If there is enough interest I can do something.

Are your basepads different for the 47D's and ETM's to compensate for the difference in body lengths?

Yes

Working on any that fit Tripp mags ? :cheers:

I don't have any of the Tripp 45 mags. The only Tripp mags I have are the 10 round 9mm mags. On these the base pad attaches with two self tapping screws. I've added extended pads on the 9mm mags I have. If there is enough interest I can do something.

Got a pic of what you worked up for the 9mm pads ? Those are what I run the most. My .45 is used mostly in L10 where the length of the mag takes care of the problem.

I was going to epoxy some rubber matting to the 9mm base pad then contour it to fit the box.

• 3 years later...