Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Prayers for Maria

TJ1911

I was on the phone with the mother of my best buddy Monday night, and she told me she had been diagnosed with breast cancer and lymphatic cancer. She described it as "not the good kind"-the tumor is approximately 3.5 centimeters.

Serious as this is, Maria is very upbeat and positive about fighting and recovering from this disease. She is a big believer in organic foods and natural healing, and has elected to forgo surgery and chemotherapy. She's going all out to learn everything she can about her condition, and all varieties of natural remedies, supplements, etc.

This is a very kind, dear lady who has been through a lot in her life. Her oldest son Lance was my best friend for over 20 years. He died 10 years ago in a motorcycle accident. (Tribute for the "Last Shot Fired" section is in the works). The reason I was on the phone with Maria Monday was to set her up with an auction house in OC to sell the rest of Lance's knives.

You've got to respect someone who is so positive in the face of something so deadly. Thoughts and prayers are much appreciated.

TJ

• 2 months later...

Update 08 May 2010

Visited Maria today; Lance's friend Tina and I took her to lunch for Mother's Day. Maria is doing very well at the moment; she's sticking very closely to her fresh food/all organic diet, and feels good. Very inspiring to see how motivated and empowered she is; she's learned a ton about the immune system and her disease in a very short time.

Had a great visit; she gave one of her son's knives to Tina as a keepsake.

Maria has a 4-month world cruise booked in January of 2011; how's that for faith and looking forward??

• 6 months later...

UPDATE 27 NOV 10-I visited Maria on the 24th; she's doing great!! The natural/organic foods diet seems to be working, since the cancer has not progressed any further through her system. She's got a little pain/discomfort in one hip but is getting around OK and just returned from a trip to New Mexico to visit family.

She's still scheduled to leave on her 4-month world cruise in January-I'm a little disappointed the ship leaves from Florida and not the West Coast; it would be fun to see her off on this big adventure.

Thanks to all who've kept this dear lady in your thoughts and prayers-it's working!!

TJ

• 1 year later...