Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine Numbering

bobobooie

A quick Google of Badger Sandblaster finds them for as little as $24 My link Wow, this might be a handy little device.

Terry

That is it Terry. The Badger 260. Best price I've seen. I think I got mine for $35.00 and they retail for $59.00 as I recall. For big stuff they are lacking, but for a lot of small stuff they are really handy.

Thanks for the post and pics. I've read a lot of threads and seen a lot of ways to mark mags, but this is the best combination of cheap to do and nice looking at the same time that I have seen. Much better than my vibra-pen numbered base pads and label maker numbers. Something even I can do for the project list!

Harbor Fright has a little spot blasting gun that works great, too. I use it to strip slides on pistols before Duracoating or CeraKoting them. It's under $30 and can be bought off their website.

I'm going to do this to my M&P mags soon. And my Glock mags. Will post pics in here when I do

EDIT: A quick shot of rattlecan clear will take care of any rust concerns.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I'd be really curious to see how it looks on a Glock mag.

Me too. I did not have one but did have a 1911 bushing wrench (Kimber brand) that is made of some very hard plastic type of stuff. Plastic would be the wrong word, it's hard as heck and solid black. This is the end result utilizing the same set-up as before. I'll score a Glock mag later on and give it a go on the actual mag.

Pic will be up soon.

post-11000-126737380135_thumb.jpg

Me too.

Right now my Glock mags have dots painted on the base pads. I used white for 9mm and red for .40S&W.