Kitchen Kydex mag pouches

GlowingDonut

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Ya'll inspired me to start playing with kydex a few months ago, I've made a handful of holsters, and ruined a TON of kydex. My latest project has been some AR-15 mag carriers for 3-gun.

I've been trying to make a "bladetech" style holster, but for some reason when I fold the kydex around the gun, the sight channel never lines up quite right. Anybody who has made one have any suggestions?

I've been trying to make a "bladetech" style holster, but for some reason when I fold the kydex around the gun, the sight channel never lines up quite right. Anybody who has made one have any suggestions?

Got any pictures? I've heard of people putting a wooden dowel or something else to span the length between the rear and front sight. That way the kydex doesn't collapse into it. I haven't had that problem, probably because I use fairly thick kydex.

I tried to add a picture, but I dont have a high enough post count to post a link...lol

I actually think I got it figured out tonight by using some thicker kydex. I was using .08 for mag pouches and whatnot, but I went with the .093 for the paddle holster, works a bit better

IMAG0442.jpg

IMAG0441.jpg

Edited by FlatFender

Thanks for the specs, bump for others looking to make their own mag pouches. Also great work on the holsters, any directions or templates on those?

Edited by joebob

• 1 month later...

This is kind of an old post, but do you have any sort of template for these?

If Jeff doesn't chime in, what I would recommend is starting out with a mock up using regular old paper. Wrap it around your magazine and start cutting it to shape. When you have something you like, transfer the pattern to a piece of card stock and try it again, but refine the pattern even more. Then transfer it to kydex and see how it works.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...