Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Walter Blackwell CL-115

colt

My friend lost his dad today and some of you might have shot with him at Second Chance and many other match's.

I am told we was a charter member to USPSA with USPSA # CL-115

Sorry for your loss John !!!

Brent

Sorry for your loss. I shot with Walter when I first starting shooting back in 1982. Walter & Velma were two of the most friendly people to ever be around. Walter had the most powerful grip of anyone I ever shook hands with. I shot many matches with him over the years & he will be missed.

Tony

Walter was my friend to although I have not seen him since the early 90's. Used to shoot his matches at the Warsaw club and always enjoyed them. Bumped into him at Jim Rienholts matches (hope I spelled it right) to if I recall rightly. Velma was a pleasure to meet also. Walter LOVED to compete and win.

Gods grace be upon all who loved him and mourn in this time,

earl click

He certainly was an "original character" - well said. I loved hanging out with Walter and his wife at Second Chance. What a cute and unique couple. They were high on the list of "charm contributors" to Second Chance.

Brian

Thanks, Everyone, for your kind words and support.

Dad's knowledge and skill in so many disciplines of shooting is nothing short of phenominal. To say he loved to compete and win would be an understatement. I consider myself quite fortunate to have grown up under his guidance and teaching.

He was not able to shoot the last few years of his life, due to failing health. I would video the matches I attended, and plug into his TV, and play them back. Boy that made not only his day, but his whole week.

Thanks, also, to everyone who asked about him over the past few years. When ever I would tell him who had asked about him and said to say "Hi", it would brighten his day. He loved hearing that his friends still remembered and cared.

Dad was laid to rest Tuesday, Feb. 23. I slipped a loaded .45 mag in his pocket for that final reload, before they closed the lid.

Well, I have a revolver shined up and my shooting bag loaded for tomorrow's match. This match is for you, Dad.....

John Blackwell

Warsaw, Indiana

• 2 weeks later...

That was a great gesture John, I hope you smoked the match.

earl

Won my division. It was also nice to get out and be around old friends and other competitors.

My oldest sister was finally able to fly in from out west. We got Mom, our brother and one other sister, and visited Dad's grave site. It's nice to have everyone together, but sad for the reason.