Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shaun White

tim1965

That kid is a monster! I cant believe that last run.... its a victory lap for him and he stomps the hell out of it!

Yea, what did he say to the coach, something like... I can't ride right now. Coach said something about just going and doing something fun. Shawn said something like "just ride down the middle?" Then he goes out and and just stomps it, besting his first run score by what 2 points. Yea, a victory lap with a serious exclamation point on it. That was just awesome to watch. :cheers:

From ESPN:

"This was unlike any season I've had," White said Wednesday night, shortly after becoming the first snowboarder to repeat as a gold medalist in the halfpipe. "I fell a lot, I lost sleep. I don't think I've ever been this nervous for a contest or this inside my own head."

So, instead of logging a few more hours practicing a run he already knew he could land, White...rented sea kayaks at Horseshoe Bay in West Vancouver. Instead of worrying over his run, White and his friends spent the evening before the biggest contest of his life not talking and not thinking about snowboarding.

"He felt like he'd nailed his run the night before, and he doesn't like to ride four days in a row," Keene said. "It gave his legs the day off. We sat in kayaks, watched the sunset and had a great night. It was a completely un-halfpipe thing to do, and it was the perfect call."

Hmmmmmmm...

From ESPN:

"This was unlike any season I've had," White said Wednesday night, shortly after becoming the first snowboarder to repeat as a gold medalist in the halfpipe. "I fell a lot, I lost sleep. I don't think I've ever been this nervous for a contest or this inside my own head."

So, instead of logging a few more hours practicing a run he already knew he could land, White...rented sea kayaks at Horseshoe Bay in West Vancouver. Instead of worrying over his run, White and his friends spent the evening before the biggest contest of his life not talking and not thinking about snowboarding.

"He felt like he'd nailed his run the night before, and he doesn't like to ride four days in a row," Keene said. "It gave his legs the day off. We sat in kayaks, watched the sunset and had a great night. It was a completely un-halfpipe thing to do, and it was the perfect call."

Hmmmmmmm...

"Pass the Dutchie on the left hand side"

I actually just watched last nights halfpipe.. pretty incredible how he makes it look easy.. A lot like watching the top people in our sport.. they make it look easy, and you don't think they are as good or fast as they are until you look at their times and hits..

Yep, that was some awesome air and maneuvering. NBC announcer followed up before his last run, "Sorry about the language..." :D

• 2 weeks later...