Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Point of Aim/Point of Impact Issue

Lee King

I got a CQB Master from Evike.com a couple of months ago. The front sight is unusually tall. I was able to adjust the rear sight and got it zeroed. But the sights sits way up.

Yesterday, I was practicing in the garage when I saw something flip in my line of sight on a shot. It took me a minute to figure it out, but the screw adjusting the sight came loose. What I saw was the rear sight leaf flipping up.

Fortunately, I found the screw and replaced it with a little blue locktite. I started shooting it again and again, it came loose. After closer examination I realized, I have to adjust the screw out to the last thread to get it to hit where I'm aiming.

I adjusted the hop up and am able to get another turn on the screw than before. But the hop up is all the way to max. My questions are:

1) Is max hop up a bad thing?

2) It looks like the front sight is a dovetail. Can I just swap it for another from say... Dawson?

Why not just shorten the front sight with a file? It sounds like you have more than enough front sight there to do that and still have a usable front sight.

It's a fiber optic sight. I'd have to look closer but I don't think there's much sight to file without getting into the fiber.

I have two WE and i had the same problem... try to use different bb with different weight.

I'm using the Matrix bio-degradeable .23 (or .25 I'll have to check). You mean go lighter? Like .19s?

I have the same gun and they told me to use the 20g. I typically practice at only around 30' but have not had any issues with getting it sighted in. Shoots like a dream and is accurate enough for me.

I have not used the hop up so I can not answer that sorry!

Edited by briansea2

about the longest airsoft shot i have available is around 15-20 feet. Ive put mine on paper from a rest and its accurate enough for me (10 shots, about 1" group). Im shooting 1/3 targets and BAM steels.

If things work the same way with an Airsoft as they do with a real gun, then heavier projectiles should indeed hit higher. Not sure how much difference that can really make at Airsoft distances, but it's certainly worth a try.

It doesn't work like real gun. At a certain temperature, the gas push the bb with the same power, heavier bb means a lower point of impact.

Try differente bb, you will see the difference.

Possible solution. If you have a screw store nearby (no jokes, please, there actually are such things, for instance here in Tacoma we have a store called....Tacoma Screw), take your screw in to them, they can measure the threads and, quite probably, give you a screw that's identical in all dimensions except it's slightly longer.