Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sights for Taurus 24/7

I've got a 24/7 that I picked up so my Dad could shoot it. The only problem is that it was hitting waay low. By the time I had filed enough off of the front sight to make it hit close to point of aim, the front sight is now too short for my liking. I had planned on filing the front sight until I got the right height and then ordering that but now I can't find sights for the thing.

I really would like a taller rear sight (preferably adjustable) and a normal sized front.

Any suggestions?

I have two to them, one long slide, and one normal. I have the same problem with the LS model. I called Taurus about it. They said for me to shoot a target with a clearly marked aiming point on it, and then send it, with the gun to them, and they would fixed the sights appropriately.

I have not done it, as this is my bedside gun, and it has a laser on it for aiming, so have not messed with it.

I would love to find an adjustable sight for them, so I will follow this thread.

Mark

LOL! Too late for me to take the shots and send it to them. :)

I had light strikes with a Millenium Pro that I had. I loved that little gun but got nervous about the light strikes and traded it back in to the store. I told them about it and they said they would handle returning it.

I bought a std 24/7 for the wife. It hit poa at 25 yds. When I picked up the long slide model it shot low. I didn't keep it long enough to worry about it. Brownells shows some sights for it. I am thinking of buying another, but can't decide between it and a CZ.

Mike