Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 R&R Targets Shotgun Challenge

R&R Targets is putting on an all shotgun match July 10th and 11th at the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club in Albany, Oregon. It will feature 12 stages of pure shotgun action. Expect to shoot over 350 rounds. This is 2 weeks before the Pan Am shoot so if you need a tune up this is it. Here is the link to the application, sign up early only 85 shooter will get to play. http://www.randrtargets.com/documents/2010_shotgun_match_application.doc

Doug

Doug,

I hope to learn this SG stuff from Trapr at the High Plains SG match in April. The R&R match is to have "some" very high round count stages for us that are addicted to shooting/love the smell of burnt powder. Of course the R&R match will also have some shorter stages to test the well rounded shooter. I like the short and fast stages like the international guys shoot but I have to feed the need! That is why I am signed up for almost every 3 gun match this year...I better not break a leg again, ever!

RLTW,

Scott

R&R Targets is putting on an all shotgun match July 10th and 11th at the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club in Albany, Oregon. It will feature 12 stages of pure shotgun action. Expect to shoot over 350 rounds. This is 2 weeks before the Pan Am shoot so if you need a tune up this is it. Here is the link to the application, sign up early only 85 shooter will get to play. http://www.randrtargets.com/documents/2010_shotgun_match_application.doc

Doug

So if I understand this correctly there will be no R and R Multigun match this year as it has been replaced by a two day shotgun only event. Not sure what to think about this - loved the multigun matches of the past two years in a semi local range. Oh well - maybe next year.

MARKO,

I talked with Robert and he going to have a 1 day multigun match in August this year. I don't think he has nailed down the date yet though. If I understood him correctly it will be 6 or 7 stages and obviously the app fees are reduced also. Keep looking on here and I am sure it will be posted on here when the details are finalized.

L-10,

Since the R&R match has been the second weekend in July for the last 3 years I only guess it is ok. Now the Multi-gun in August is up in the air as Doug says...since the month of August is full of Multi-Gun until after the Rocky Mt. and Courage Classic match.

RLTW,

Scott

MARKO,

I talked with Robert and he going to have a 1 day multigun match in August this year. I don't think he has nailed down the date yet though. If I understood him correctly it will be 6 or 7 stages and obviously the app fees are reduced also. Keep looking on here and I am sure it will be posted on here when the details are finalized.

Well that is the pits! That match was pretty close to home and brought in some decent talent too. I like loading and shooting my shotgun, but I don't know if I like it enough to drive 9 hours

I don't necessarily dislike the idea of a shotgun match, but I for one am disappointed that a very good 3 Gun Match is ended because of it.

+1 to the above except I am 13 hours out.

Well you have all gone and done it! Robert has decided to make this a full 3 gun match due to lots of bitching from regulars. So its official the R&R 3 Gun Match is back on. I'll post a match announcement when after I get some sleep.

Doug

Edited by Doug H.

I don't necessarily dislike the idea of a shotgun match, but I for one am disappointed that a very good 3 Gun Match is ended because of it.

+1 to the above except I am 13 hours out.

Well you have all gone and done it! Robert has decided to make this a full 3 gun match due to lots of bitching from regulars. So its official the R&R 3 Gun Match is back on. I'll post a match announcement when after I get some sleep.

Doug

Sweet... It's not bitching.. it's just preference!

Sweet... It's not bitching.. it's just preference!

When I said bitching I ment it in the most friendly way. A lot of people made their preference known, including me, so Robert made the change. I actually could use more shotgun practice, since I'm going to the Pan Am shoot that is 2 weeks later, but I like shooting all three guns. Since we all do this for fun we might as well have as much fun as possible and we all know that 3 gun is 3 times the fun!

Doug

Edited by Doug H.