Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

John Kelly TY48096

Round_Gun_Shooter

It is with a deep sense of personal sadness I post this. John was a very good man and a friend to all he met. He was an active IDPA SO and USPSA RO in the Northeast. His sudden death is a shock to us all.

See also 15 pages from friends

May 15 1955 - February 1, 2010

Formerly of Foxboro and Mansfield. Age 54. Brother of Allan Kelly and Anne Lemley both of GA. And the lage George J. Kelly. Son of the late George and Marion (Dean) Kelly. Uncle of Jessica Gabrels, Chas Lemley, Jason Lemley all of GA, Brigitte Stacey of VA and Shawn Kelly of NC. US Army veteran. A regular competitor at numerous USPSA and other shooting events in the New England area.

John was such a great guy. I'm grateful that I got to shoot and run a bunch of matches with him. It makes me realize that when I go to a match it's not just the 2 minutes actually shooting that is so fun... it's the precious time we have with great friends. I can still see his grin as if I saw him 10 minutes ago. I miss you friend.

He was one of the best. He'd always greet me by name with a smile after the first match I ever shot with him. He gave very generously of his time to help out new shooters and make them feel welcome at matches. He worked tirelessly as an RO/SO for many of the New England matches. Rest in peace, Mr Kelly.

I only got to know John over the past year when he started attending our matches at Boston Gun and Rifle. He was a true gentleman. Quiet and unassuming. But you just knew there were deep things going on within him. I wish I had gotten to know him better.