Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any shooting classes in CO

fastarget

There are several local, high-level USPSA competitors who also give classes. Ron Avery is a world-class instructor and shooter, and he is right here in Colorado. I personally can and do very highly recommend learning from Ron. In the Denver area there is also a M shooter, recently retired from a local PD, who now offers private instruction -- PM if you want his contact info. Cheers.

-br

• 2 months later...

One day class in Colorado on May 8th with Ron Avery.

You can go here for the link.... www.ecouspsa.com

$149 plus range and shooter fees.

Date: May 8th, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM

have been wanting too. contacted him a while back regarding the advanced comp. class, and he would get back with me if they will put it on, have not yet heard. Amazing enough he lives 45 min away. I need to see if I can get enough people here to put on a class on the western slope area. Definitely and for sure want to get instructions from him.

• 1 year later...

Talked to Ron Avery a bit last week and he is looking to do more once his last surgery is over with. I can't beleive the guy can still shoot after seeing his hand.

If you have classes you are interested, in, let him or I know. He is considering a 3-gun class with Keith Gracia this summer as well as some other interesting classes.

With the new CRCPS matches at Colorado Rifle Club, it offers a great facility with the option of multi-day classes followed by a match, which I have always felt to be very valuable.

There are several other GM/M level instructors I have spoken to that are interested in doing some courses as well.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So what did happen with the 3-Gun class with Keith? I'd be all over that. I've taken a private class from Ron and learned a ton, but I never seem to be around when he's offering other classes. The 3-Gun class with Keith would be awesome. Any info available?

Oh, and what happened to Ron's hand?

So what did happen with the 3-Gun class with Keith? I'd be all over that. I've taken a private class from Ron and learned a ton, but I never seem to be around when he's offering other classes. The 3-Gun class with Keith would be awesome. Any info available?

Oh, and what happened to Ron's hand?

We will keep on it. Getting a tad cold now :)

Ron has had several surgeries on his strong hand. I'm hoping he has gotten the last one done and is healing now...

• 3 weeks later...

I've been talking with Ron about some classes.

Here are some possibles, both one day classes at CRC followed by a match.

Class 1: "Shooting Vision": How to call your shots, Development of Visual patience, How good is good enough? Sometime in the summer, open to dates.

Class 2: 3Gun Long guns. There won't be anything on pistol excpet transitions to and from the long guns. The rest on the rifle and shotgun techniques. This would be taught on Friday April 27 prior to the CO State MG match. If we can get enough commitments, Ron will work at getting Keith Garcia here to teach that one.

If you are interested in either, send me a note. Ron is looking to solidify his schedule by years end.

Mark,

I'm in for BOTH classes (schedule pending on the summer class) and I can cut a check as soon as he's confirm. I've already cleared my schedule for the Colorado State Multi-Gun Match so I know I'm good to go for that one. Just let me know when the summer class is locked down and I'll clear my schedule for that one as well. The only issue might be the family vacations.