Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do you know anything about Florida Arms? FAMCO

Hi there everybody,

Yeah, I am just curious if anyone here has had any dealings with Florida Arms.

This is their website:

http://www.floridaarms.com/catalog/

Poking around their website some more, I found out that they make stainless frames and slides for Browning High Powers (clones, I guess would be a better way to say it).

I have Crow's Eyes, so I like my guns kinda shiney. B)

This is where they list their BHP slide/frame "kits" :

http://floridaarms.com/catalog/pistols-combos-framesslides-c-22_37.html

Yeah... :goof: the price is a little steep.

Anywhoo...what say you?

PS: yeah, I do realize that probably for USPSA competition purposes, you couldn't get the capacity up high enough on a .40 cal BHP to put it on a somewhat equal playing field with the STI/SVI Limited race guns or the CZ/EAA clones. You could probably shoot a 9mm BHP at minor for Limited, if...IFFF...the capacity is there to make it worthwhile. Probably at best it would make a good L-10 gun.

As much as I love the Hipower, the price of the slide seams pretty high, In this day and age I wouldnt think the demand would even cover the cost of the tooling. I wonder if they are firing pin or non firing pin lock slides?

I don't know about the firing pin block thing.

I did send them an email earlier today, so maybe when they respond back on Monday or Tuesday, I can ask them about the firing pin.

As far as them breaking even on their tooling... I dunno... :blink: I don't pretend to be a machinist or a businessman. Just by the quick glances I got of other parts of their website it does look like they make tons more stuff...so (pardon the pun here) they are getting more bang for their buck for their tooling then. What little I do know of business practices is...well...at least they aren't putting all their eggs into the Browning Hi Power clone basket. So that's probably a good thing. :)

Edited by Chills1994

• 1 month later...

They definitely look cool. I do like the fact that they put an extended beavertail on the frame. At $200+ more for just a stripped frame and slide, the whole pistol(A Browinging MKIII) looks pretty good.