Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IWB Holster

Cocked_locked

Im lookin for an IWB for a witness match .45. preferably a kydex one. but with the way things are going ill take a leather one as well. it seems that these guns are not very popular for accessories. i have looked all over the web and have very few results. any help will be appreciated...

Im lookin for an IWB for a witness match .45. preferably a kydex one. but with the way things are going ill take a leather one as well. it seems that these guns are not very popular for accessories. i have looked all over the web and have very few results. any help will be appreciated...

Henning has a carry holster that will fit the match. It's not an IWB but it might work. Here is a link so you can check it out.

http://www.henningshootsguns.com/shop/holsters.html

For the most part you will be looking at going custom anyway. I went through an awful lot of IWB holsters both kydex and leather. By far and away I think that Tucker Gunleather makes the best design for an IWB holster out there. A few have copied it but it is nice to go to the original. It is called the Texas Heritage in leather and you have the option of kydex mounted to leather in The Answer. This design allows the holster to move with you as you transition from sittin/bending/standing etc without having to adjust the holster at each movement. It also allows for the easiest tucking if you like without any change to the holster. I have had mine for going on 7 years now and it is on me at least 18-20 days a month. Excellent service and quality.

http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/iwbholsters1.html

With the larger sized safety on the Witness Match, isn't there a bigger chance of the safety getting knocked from the safe to the fire position while in an IWB holster? How about while the weapon is being drawn (or holstered)? Or is this all a matter of how good the retention of the holster as well the user's draw (and holster) technique?

Of course, as long as your finger (or any clothing material) is not on the trigger, having the safety on or off shouldn't matter.

• 3 years later...