Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Some great info here. Thank you for sharing guys. Chris
  3. Today
  4. You just need a gen 1 STI grip module. Post a WTB here on Enos, your local shooting forum, social media outlets, other places. Should be able to find one at a fair price. Seen Atlas has a left handed grip module earlier today while checking model names, but did not look at price.
  5. That’s similar to what I’ve found also. Can use about .2 less for similar fps which equals about 50 more rounds per lb. I also noticed it’s a tad cleaner than 231 at the lower loadings but will still get sooty if you really lug it. It was one of the only powders that worked well with a 90g Sierra JHP in my 327 FM. Good vel with excellent accuracy.
  6. I've been thinking a L or a U shape is probably enough to cover most core skills. You just place targets where you need. Edit: messing around in practisim: https://imgur.com/a/a88eV0Z
  7. I’ve seen the laser check stuff but I don’t see the need for the little I load (135,000 in 3yrs). As for the FW die my swage one broke? All I know is I didn’t notice, cranked up the clutch and deformed the primer pockets of thousands of supercomp
  8. Prodigy with a MPA grip? Prodigy with a gen 1 poly grip?
  9. I started with 231 in the mid 80s because a cop friend suggested it because he loaded it in his 45. I used it in 9mm and 38. I believe it was $7 or 8 a pound. We shot Almax hard lead bullets in 125 9mm and 160 in 38. Not much smoke. Times change! I looked at 244 after reading this thread and it's around $30/lb more now! O.P. I think you are right in the ballpark. My 147s run 1.080 OAL. Good luck with the new bullets.
  10. Man you really went above and beyond providing those part numbers. How much of a pain was it to replace the main bearing? I had a hard time replacing the bearings on the indexing arm.
  11. RTS 2 VER 5 AND DPP WORKS JUST FINE FOR ME!
  12. joseywales

WSB

The T-Minus club in Albany TX ran SCSA for just a few months...not sure what happened for them to stop SC. Anyway, it's where I saw these diagrams w/descriptions. Stage diagram printed & attached to a target stand on each stage. About 18x24". Here's the Outer Limits diagram with OL setup in the background. Professionally done, and pretty damn cool.
  13. Squirrel45

WSB

Now that's going to set everyone back a bit
  14. Gregg K

WSB

@joseywales Thanks for the link. For me, I don't have any need for the diagram or the briefing and I understand why some just don't care. We have been trying to get some new shooters out to shoot steel with us and some of them need a little help and the diagrams with the names would be helpful for some of them. I have to be honest, there were many times starting out that I could not tell you the name of the stages or remember how I shot them the last time. Most of us have been at this so long that we don't remember what the first few times were like when we were the new guy. I figured that some nice laminated diagrams would help the new guys and gals plus just might make it look a little more professional.
  15. Yesterday
  16. Good range session today. I had to work part day so we just did a morning session. Set up three classifiers and ran them a few times. I was mainly mid-high M runs with occasional GM if my index and trigger presses were aligned. If I biffed an element badly, then a high-A run crept in. I’m happy that I think I can say I’m an M class shooter. Sure, we’ll see what it turns out to be at a real match but it’s supportive. As for V, her comfortable runs are B+ level. Good runs were low A. Biffed runs were still B. So for her, I put her at a B+ skill level. Again, we will see how real life performance with nerves comes into play but that’s my best estimation of her skill set. Comparing us back to back it’s also easy to see what she needs help in and it charts the next phases of her training. We were able to work some footwork and execution things that helped her consistency and flow. It also speaks to the utility of a coach to have skills (or to have had skills) above the student. If you’re C class instructing a D class shooter… it’s hard for them to get past C class especially if some of your technique or assumptions are actually barriers to them improving. Same thing for B class. A lot of people plateau there (“terminal B”) because they have some fundamentally flawed assumptions that prevent them from breaking through. When they teach others, that flaw propagates and limits everyone involved. Sometimes ego also creeps in for the B class coach who doesn’t want to admit they don’t know what they don’t know, especially in front of their student(s). And they all suffer for it. Instead of training for a particular classification for V, we are training fundamentals at a high level. Index, recoil management, reloads, transition precision. Now we are to the point where she can digest footwork on top of that. She’s putting down high B classifiers after 6 months of work and I expect her to be putting down mid A scores by the end of the season. We aren’t pushing for her (or I) to get a classification we can’t support on course. That’s not our style. We don’t want to be the person who people say “he/she’s not really an XX class shooter.” We all have different definitions and goals. When I was just trying to make classifications, I would play that game… Hundo or bust to make GM. Threw out any run that wasn’t smoking fast. And was extremely inconsistent shooting faster than I could do reproducibly. But this phase in my life, I love the sport and the people in the sport. So I want to be more consistent and shoot classifiers at match speed rather than hero speed. I’m still toying around with some ideas, but I’m thinking of keeping a running 8 stage average and try to keep it above 85% with NO drops. I feel like for what I’m trying to define my skill set as, that is more representative of what I’m trying to do and adds the reproducibility element that I’m really looking for.
  17. Hi there I have some questions about what is allowed for ammo carrying during a stage for IPSC shotgun I have read the rulebook. Aside from no Bandoliers, it isn't very specific. I know about the high end IPSC dedicated shotgun belts, for quad loading etc If we park those for a while, can you tell me if the following are allowed ? (for tubular fed shotgun) a) Can you use Velcro side saddles ? if so, can you carry extra velcro side saddles in M4 Ammo pouches (they fit great) on your belt ? or on a chest rig ? and can you carry extra velcro side saddles just stuck with the velcro to a velcro belt ? b) Can you carry shotshells loose in a belt pouch (a heavy duty fanny pack if you like ) ? c) Can you carry shotshells in a belt designed for holding shotshells (has the loops) ? Thank you
  18. Six months ago it was just the opposite.
  19. So in my actual testing, 5gr of 244 was faster in .38 Special, than 5gr of 231. These are actual numbers.
  20. I got some 244 to try because it looks good on paper, and it is indeed cheap. 3.8gr 244 / BBI 125gr (conical) @ 1.142" / Tula SP tested in a Glock 34 mean = 1055.7 SD = 11.8 min = 1034.1 / max = 1074.3 N = 20 Didn't rigorously test accuracy but it seemed better than my usual N310 loads.
  21. Sarge: Been in an area with little to no cell service! Did send you a PM that I believe went through earlier........ Thanks!
  22. @MikeyScuba console is now USB C, where USB plugs in. Cables are much better made now too. That's all I can think of from MK7. I've long since moved on from the crap MA dies (can't believe I liked them, they did not last and had constant issues with them), FW Arms dies now, other than sizing and flaring (waiting on those new ones from Will). I have also upgraded to a laser powder check and a new laser bullet sensor. Much much easier to adjust for different bullets and powder charges.
  23. I was loading 3grns of n320 behind a 165gr projectile so I’m assuming it wasn’t enough to burn completely. Currently using the same load for 231 My quick search revealed 244 is harder to find and more $ than 231.
  24. I use 115 JHPs under 10.8gr AA7 Powder at 1.161" OAL. Case is mostly full, but powder doesn't spill out when the shell plate turns.
  25. Romeo3Max or Romeo3XL and Holosun 507Comp
  26. because I want to sound smart n all... I thought the burn rates and follow on consistencies were pressure driven... with some powders spiking pressures from high pressure causing faster burning and some slowing as pressure rises during the burn... with that last one being a relative measure. I can think low volumes of spikey powder can cause inconsistencies... I can name such a powder. I can't name an opposite type of powder... HP-38 does pretty much fill the case. so you may be completely correct for that being the reason for consistencies. thanks miranda
  1. Load more activity