Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Thank you practical man. Do you happen to recall what the adjustment was?
  3. I took a fat slotted bit and rounded the ends to fit.
  4. I have converted irons to fibers in the past but the red ramp gets too close to the top after I cut it down so there’s not enough upper rim. Plus fibers indoors are hit or miss depending on ambient lighting. Gold beads work pretty well indoors with indirect and backlighting.
  5. And in the meantime… could I drill the red ramp plastic and use a nail as a gold bead sight?
  6. I just bought 2000 pieces from this person for $97 shipped. It was $80 for the brass and $17 for shipping. I believe it was $12 to ship 1000 pieces. He was quick to ship, I ordered mine on Tuesday and it's out for delivery today (Friday). He takes credit card payment over the phone and I talked to him and was great to talk to. I do recommend him. I'll give a final report when it's delivered today. JERRY D'AMICO www.matchgradebrass.com Seller's Terms and Conditions 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED OR FULL REFUND INCLUDING RETURN SHIPPING
  7. They're pretty fantastic for the cost, doubly so now that their grip textures have been updated and are finally aggressive enough for my taste. Weight CoM is a bit different than a full steel, but besides that I'm a huge fan. Direct mount RMR is a positive in my book.
  8. I went with the vudoo. The entire thing's stainless so I'm not so worried about scuffing the cerakote. Big deciding factor for me was getting a cheely e2 with it at a better price.
  9. Okay. Ordered these to try. It’s for a V crown but approx dovetail measurements seem similar. And to replace the bubba’d rear sight lol.
  10. Bullet flip slide rack because I have eye-hand coordination and it confirms that the round is out of the gun to me, slide to the rear for the RO to see, hammer down downrange, gun go in holster
  11. Burkett reloads will 100% help this.
  12. It's easier to improve the grip off the gun in order to see the gains on the gun. Rice bucket training 3-4x a week, have it be something to focus on in dryfire, and hope it meshes when the timer beeps. Worrying less about it in matches and more about it in non-livefire training helped me the most.
  13. I am fortunate to live near WPAFB, and the club there has done a great job of supporting trap and skeet. Six of the seven active ranges are configured to shoot either, and for registered shoots they leave one practice range for the other discipline for that weekend (with only a few exceptions). But it is (now, since after 9/11) just a shotgun club.
  14. I don't really think the comp is a total game changer for IDPA but it does make the guns a little easier to shoot. I've not shot a ton through guns setup this way but a few top locals are moving toward ported and/or comped 2011's. They're going to be that much harder to beat now. You're kind of my area, you probably see Sczesny, Fiori, or Cantrell winning all the majors in the area. All have moved to ported and or comped 2011's.
  15. I've shot a lot of comped 9 major, but never a compensated minor gun. Do you think it makes a big enough difference that at the highest levels of IDPA competition guns without comps and/or ports are going to be non-competitive vs those with them?
  16. Today
  17. Hmmm. I’m still chewing on the 986 revolver… IDPA rules apparently say no conversions (caliber must match what’s on firearm) so I’m stuck with the 986 unless I want to do the reload with 38 special (which wouldn’t be horrible). There’s a longer barrel 986 in production but the barrel is 5” and 4.25” is the maximum length. It’s pushing my borders of silliness to buy a revolver and cut off the nose to make length just for this one challenge. So I’m left with the nagging question of if it’s vision or mechanics. Could I make the hits at speed with a fiber front? Or is the short barrel too difficult to manage. Would I be better off just getting my 3” 686 cut for 38 special moons or getting a 4” 686. I don’t want to get too far off into the weeds on side projects though.
  18. There's been significant discussion within IROA over the last year or so as to what constitutes "significant weight" with no discernable answer as yet.
  19. Gen 5 34s don't have the cut out.
  20. ... and to be precise, magazines "must not contain more than 15 rounds at the Start Signal." So, for a loaded start, people like to have one in chamber and 15 in the first magazine.
  21. Yes, see Appendix D4 and D4a. The only exception is if the base pads add significant weight to the magazine(18.2), that’s probably not the case as most pads are aluminum. Rulebook: https://www.ipsc.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/IPSC-Handgun-Competition-Rules-Jan-2024-Edition-Final-27-Dec-2023.pdf
  22. I've loaded a bunch of coated 200 SWC's over Ramshot Competition in 45. It works well as does WST. But then so does W231. The 45 ACP is such a flexible round to load. The biggest problem I've ever encountered loading 45 SWCs is getting the OAL just right. I finally learned that all you need is just sliver of the projectile shoulder projecting from the case mouth, like a thumb nail's worth. OAL will vary with the bullet design.
  23. Think of Target Focus; like catching a baseball or football, never take your eye off the ball or in our case never off the target. You have to work at it because I was sight focused for over 50 years before trying Target Focused, but it does work, especially putting tape over the front of the red dot.
  24. How about magazines? Can I use my CO mags as long as they are loaded with 15rds?
  25. Ran some drills with V. Worked on entry doubles and she really did well. She had her first 0.15 split… then followed that up with a 0.14 and a 0.13 split… ON TARGET (A-zone at 7 yards). She’s FEELING it. I have thoughts about splits. Not everyone shares my opinions about them (and that’s okay). My personal opinion is that tracking timing at speed is a critical skill and single oscillation tracking with my favorite set up is around a 0.15 split. The gun V is using is my old CO gun with a magwell. It’s set up for 0.15 splits with 150 Syntech (which is what she’s using). Being able to feel and time and manage recoil at 0.15 splits at 7 yard alphas means tracking and managing recoil at 0.20 can extend out to 10+ yards. I personally feel that having that level of recoil control is the building block for so many additional shooting things. To be able to do it with flow and without tension. It was great to see and be a part of the development. When we started 6 months ago, her maximum split was 0.25. Today was a super rewarding benchmark of progress. That’s why today was a great day.
  26. I've been in the same boat as this, struggling to tell if I'm actually target focusing during matches. In training it's easy to tell, but in matches once I've plotted in that stage I'm not paying enough attention to be sure.
  1. Load more activity