Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. A literal stick designated as a "forward fault line" would have solved it. You took advantage of a poorly designed stage. Don't be ashamed - stand proud.
  3. Today
  4. One of my buddies on the squad jokingly asked if we could do that expecting a no. The CRO said yes, that the AC had overruled them and said they had to allow it if people wanted too. The fix probably would of been to put some steel down there so running up would of been unsafe. Or built some kind of physical barrier maybe. That or not make the shooting so hard that doing dumb stuff is faster. It felt dirty but it had to be done.
  5. LOL,, u dadblamed gamers... !!!! get off my lawn !
  6. I like mine painted. I don't care if they get pissed or not. If everybody on my squad doesn't want paint, then I'll shoot first while they are freshly painted or I'll paint them myself. The time I spend prepping ammo, working on my guns, dry firing, getting up early driving to and from the match along with the money it cost's me, the most important part is my shooting. Why not have it painted. Geez, it only takes like 45 seconds.
  7. Yes. There are GSs who will weld the slide holes up and re-machine the mount. Check with CGW or Patriot Defense.
  8. Pull and clean your extractor. That is unless you actually have the spent round extracted and now two rounds are feeding up? Often a "double feed" is a failure to extract spent brass properly. Or a round nose dived/stove piped. A picture from you would help. PF shouldn't cause a "double feed," but a change in OAL, bullet profile... could change the way it's feeding. Are your mags clean, do you clean them after dumping them into the dirt, or how about the mag springs and followers? Since Glock mags are basically plastic there's no feed lip adjustment.
  9. Not saying this is the answer--but I have seen this before when I was running Glocks Open Major. It did it for me primarily with 170mm mags--and it is indeed an odd malfunction. The Glock slide has a ramp on the bottom that pushes down on the ammo in the mag as it moves to the rear. If the ammo in the mag is still pushed down when the slide hits the rear of it's travel, the loose column will cause the top round to move forward into the chamber. Next round pops up, slide moves forward, picks up live round and slams it into the rear of the live round. Stronger magazine spring was the answer for me--YMMV.
  10. Smart, buy them when they have them, not when they're in short supply. Fool me once...
  11. I shot a stage last year that ended up being the dumbest thing I've ever done in a shooting sport. Imagine two positions, you have the option to go to either to engage the same 4 targets. One is prone, one is a farther run but standing and leaning. From both positions the shooting was vary hard with NS partials obscuring all of them. You were going to shoot slow, and likely drop points and if you happen to end up not getting a Mike or NS you might win the stage. Ooor what we did. You run dry in the open before this position, so pop a reload round the corner to go to the sanding position and dump the whole mag as fast as you can over the targets while running down the short hall to the position. Once 8 rounds where fired the targets were "engaged" and make up shots could be made from anywhere. So you ran dry, and popped a reload and never stopped running until you were standing next to the target and just blasting them. I felt like such a operator. But, you really had no choice. Do it the way it was intended you're not winning the match because others had already done it.
  12. that’s exactly what I was thinking. I wonder what that chronos at? 135+ PF???
  13. Yeah, HAPs are notorious for that. I used to clean them out with the equivalent of a dental pick. Later I found it did not affect accuracy, so I quit. The Zero clones of that bullet do not have the problem. Nor do Everglades or PD.
  14. IMO everything revolves around the primers. We have a local place that frequently has Winchester for $0.069, when I get down to 5k I start making plans to swing by there, last time I snagged 10k. Powder might cost a lot more, but I have had less trouble finding it, compared to primers. Blue Bullets never screwed around during the last frenzy, they extended lead times but didn't jack with prices, and I have some loyalty and they are reliable enough that I can wait until I need them to get them on order. Well I am loyal, and the bullet feeder is all set up for them...
  15. Tried the o-rings some time ago. Maybe I’ll try them again. The guy from shooter’s connection said to have Canik look at the mag catch. If it’s too low then it can cause the issues to which I referred.
  16. Those that don't study history are doomed to repeat it.
  17. A new shooter should use Doubles Drill as a Grip and Vision drill first and foremost. Improving those will improve scores. It's not until further along the learning curve that that working through how far out you can do predictive shooting is a big time saver. Mix in some Accelerator drills so you aren't just blapping away at one target at the same distance.
  18. Newer DPPs seem to be a lot more robust than the old ones.
  19. anyone else get the hypocracy with the whole real world thing ? Randomly spraying live rounds throught the crowd ? A-OK... dropping a mag on the ground with an unfired ground.... OMG OMG much wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth... LOL Really id just like to find a match that I can shoot in half a day..
  20. That, and fully recognize that it is just a game and not a self defense training program. Some of the silliest rules (reloads, can't have Texas stars, fishing vests required, etc) seem to be hanging on forever just because of a bull headed stubborn pretense that IDPA ever was about real tactical training.
  21. 8.6 grs seems to be just perfect with the above bullet at 29,6mm OAL. I'll have to double check PF but seems to be at 164 ish
  22. On grip pressure I’m not a large or strong guy. The technique that some large, strong guys use isn’t really feasible for me. I don’t crush. I haven’t seemed to need to. This is an example I made with a CZ a while ago where I’m barely hanging onto the gun with my hands. I use the body mechanics and not the hands mainly. My grip is akin to shaking a 60 year old woman’s hand. Not so soft that it’s floppy, but not trying to crush or squash anything. With the Alien, in order to get it to move enough to give me the feedback I’m looking for… I have to go even lighter on the grip and I wasn’t doing that. That’s why it’s important to go back and forth in live and dry. So that the dry matches live. I would much rather do frequent 100 round sessions than infrequent 500 round ones for mind’s eye training. When I was dry firing this morning, I could sense that it was too much coming off last night’s live session.
  23. I'm not sure what to post this under so I'll start here. I need to buy some 45 degree target stands and I found some at MGM but was wondering if anyone knows of anyone else that sells them just so I can shop around. If you do know of anyone it would be helpful if you could supply a link. Thanks.
  24. I had Tactical Ordnance, in Canada, do my second G34 slide and supply and install a Holosun and suppressor sights. Reasonable cost and 2 weeks from the time it went to the post office to delivery to my door.
  1. Load more activity