Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Heal of the gun has to be above the top edge of the belt and the holster has to be no more than 3" from the shooters body. I went back to my RHT dropped and offset. And of course your cover garment has to cover it.
  3. Sarge pointed me in the direction of the one that works with the hundo. I can gauge 100 rounds and have them in the case in 90 seconds now.
  4. The only knock I get is the powder funnel pulling out of the case. Cycle it 8 times with no cases to make sure the noise isn't there first. Then put a primed case under the powder die and see what happens.
  5. Today
  6. yessssssssss. so do it before practice
  7. Hello, I'm hoping that someone can help me with the issue that I'm having with my Dillon 1050. It seems that no matter what caliber I reload, when there is a case in the resizing station or the crimp station, there seems to be a knock. It doesn't effect the quality of ammo but it's annoying. What can I do to remedy this?
  8. I got one for the Armanov, hardly use it though. If you know someone with a 3D printer : Shockbottle hundo case gauge filler by VP-MFG | Download free STL model | Printables.com Hundo-Helper Shockbottle Case Gauge filler by BlankCD - Thingiverse The Armanov is also "just" a 3D printed part.
  9. Really? I thought the holster rules were some of the better-written ones (not that that's saying much...). It's section 8.5 in the 2024 rulebook. What's your question?
  10. I just spend a half hour re-reading some IDPA rules and I still don't know what the present holster rule is. I gave up USPSA but I could be persuaded to pull the holster off of the IDPA-banned belt if it means I can shoot IDPA/ESP with it.
  11. I shoot them in .357 guns, I wouldn't in .38 Special only guns.
  12. I am not very familiar with the ZEV OZ9 but can' t the broken parts be swapped out for factory glock parts? I am waiting on the new CZ P10 too. As far as I know its going to come out this year. If I remember right, TFBTVs youtube channel mentions it in their interview with the CZ CEO and there is thread about it in "The Original CZ Forum". Just search for "New pistol coming in 2024" thread. There is also a video of what may be the new gun in that thread from Shot Show.
  13. I just grab handfuls and put them in manually. Doesn’t seem to take that long. But, I’m sure as soon as they are back in stock at Range Panda, I’ll order one, just because…
  14. IME, most of them are made by whatever local welder makes the regular target stands and walls and whatnot. The MGM ones I've seen are adjustable but nothing else really special about them. I've also seen the low-rent way of just jacking a regular target stand up on a cinderblock.
  15. I use a 10x loupe and look at the space between bullet and brass. If there's more than a minute gap there, add more crimp.
  16. Range Panda has one for Shockbottle.
  17. And it was likely a rather soft shooting load, correct? Perfect PF zone if it is tame to shoot.
  18. I want to buy some 45 degree cardboard target stands for USPSA/ICORE/IDPA and can only find them at MGM. I don't have a problem buying from them but would like to know if there are any other options. Thanks!
  19. It might depend on the design. My local USPSA club purchased the magnetic retention type a few years back and I can't remember ever having more issues than you get with well designed static steel plates and with poppers. I actually can't ever remember having even one issue but it seems reasonable that if shot enough somebody is bound to get a very marginal edge hit (as happens with all plates) and a subsequent range equipment failure reshoot. If it was my match I would be more concerned about pepper poppers & plate racks & some of the movers. We also have the spring retention type stars and with those I would have to agree with you. The worst repeat problems I have seen at a major were with forward falling poppers. It was a very bad situation because they would fail & you would adjust them & a few squads later they would fail again so that screwed up the match flow, but the worst thing is you knew that some shooters got screwed because they were flaky & inconsistent. In this case it was the design, I hate shooting forward falling poppers but have seen some that seemed extremely reliable.
  20. Yesterday
  21. Any timeline on when the new ones will be released? Also, why don’t more people run them in production and SSP?
  22. Probably a bit fewer than 500 rounds so far.
  23. Dam that sucks it seemed to me aside from the beginning this morning as the round count ran up the gun felt like it loosed up with the round count. How many rounds you have through it? Side note I locked the slide back yesterday on the low spring till I put it in my range bag this morning hear that helps loosen the spring keep me updated hope it breaks in for you
  24. I am so super excited at the prospect of getting a setup that works with me instead of having to work against it or despite it. I have benchmarks with my CZ for recoil impulse. I couldn’t do it to save my life with the way the Alien was set up from the factory with the kind of stability and visual tracking that I knew was possible. It’s also why I decided to loan my set up CZs to V to train with. Would you ever take a new driver and also ask them to set up a race car? Or a new golfer and have them set up their custom clubs? So I set her up with a known good setup. She’s also able to split 15s with that gun, but at least I know that any inconsistency is her and not the setup. These are the benchmarks I have in my head that the Alien has to beat. Consistent 3.17-3.18s strings Tick Tock consistent 6.25s times with 0.15-0.18 splits and hits. I could not do it in the previous Alien setup. I think I can with the current setup… testing tomorrow… .
  25. The P10 f is GTG. They are reasonably priced now and I believe a 2.0 P10 will be released later this year.
  26. Gotcha. I had a Timney, but couldn't deal with the slow mushy reset. The GPT solved that problem. I don't know that I like the GPT a whole lot better than the Apex kit. But in the Apex kit, I ran a lighter striker spring to get the feel that I wanted, and even though I can't remember getting any light strikes, with the GPT, I can run an extra power striker spring and not have to worry about it. I think they are the 2 best options (for me) for Glock triggers out of the bunch of combos that I've tried.
  1. Load more activity