Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Yup, that’s sucks. Makes me like my 550 more .
  3. See if your range will put up a steel target, then all you need is paint, until some yahoo shoots it with a rifle!
  4. Were we on the same squad? That's exactly what happened to me, then I stood there waiting for it to fall and wound up eating the FTE's and mikes and zeroed the stage. Florida has not been kind to me. haha
  5. George16

P320 X5 Thread

You're welcome. Hope everything will work out for you.
  6. Very few builder make their own frames or slides. Rebranding is the norm. As for malfunctions. I was in the same boat as you. I had “heard” that open guns were finicky and hard to keep running 100%. Well I bought a 20 year old Briley built rig. I have had ZERO issues in over 5000 rounds with it. It just runs. It is a 38SC....going with 9mm next. I did not seem like a big deal to police up my brass at first. I am kinda over it now. Buy from a company or builder who stands behind their product. Use good reloading techniques. Clean and oil regularly. You should have no problems.
  7. You will get all kinds of answers on here. I bought a CK solution gun for open and added the options I wanted to it. I was quoted 90 days to finish the gun with the options I ordered. It arrived at my dealer in 45 days. CK makes there own frames. I have not had any issue with the gun. But I did have issues with mag's. Bought MBX mag's, problem solved. Mine is 9 major, it's cheaper to shoot and there is lots of Data out there if you look for it. Hope this helps
  8. Bench

CHA-LEE's Tale

Thanks Charlie, this isn't my first dance with Frankenstein. This will be an interesting adventure...again!
  9. Unfortunately your not close or I’d give you some 158 RN berry’s I got kickin around.
  10. I live in Phoenix. Experienced shooter but new to open guns. I'm a bit intimidated at the general inability to actually heft an specific open gun before buying one. I've held and shot some friends guns but they aren't stocked in a store obviously. Looked at some of these mostly online. Not all are even taking orders now. Seems some actually use an STI frame to build the gun. Who actually makes their own frame? STI SVI Atlas Venom Limcat Acai CK CZ Czechmate I've been shooting M&P and CZs in prod and limited; and IDPA for years, and actually find the Czechmate a nice fit, but looking for a major platform (38 SC prolly, I'm a bit skittish about 9 major loading). Wondered who might make a slightly smaller frame than the standard STI? The STI with standard grips is hard for me to reach the mag release without shifting my grip, just barely. If necessary I can adapt though, it's not a deal-killer. See fair number of guys at local matches whose shiny big guns just don't run consistently. So wondering what the main root causes for that typically are? Just don't have the gun tuned right to the ammo, or are some brands prone to rough break in periods? I've been saving for awhile and I'm okay with spending more to get more, ultimately I guess I don't mind the wait time provided I get the right gun. Thanks
  11. I check match ammo in the chamber of the gun it’ll be used it. Don’t care if it fits a min spec gauge or not, that’s irrelevant. i don’t bother to check practice ammo at all other than a visual inspection when loading mags.
  12. I always take a variety of mags, but my D60 gets the most use.
  13. Anyone get emails today? Sitting with 19 with no word. However, looks like some are squading tomorrow with 19 according to FB posts.
  14. Akkid17

P320 X5 Thread

I picked up the 6 moa version right when it came out and I don't believe they changed the design on that model, That should work perfectly for my set up. Thanks
  15. So, which way do you drive the pin out? From the top or bottom ... and ... do you re-stake the hole on the inside of the slide each time?
  16. good point,,, I guess they best answer is clean the table with the first 7,, LOL,,, maybe look for a box of 500 rn .358's next time I order bullets.
  17. My toolhead setup is as follows. I load on a 1050 with Mk7. Pre process Brass Lee universal decapper Lee U Die w/ decapping pin removed Empty Empty Empty Empty Judge Die Empty Loading empty empty Loading on a normal 1050 toolhead so EGA Primer Holddown die Powder with Mrbf expander MRBF die Redding Competition Seater Lee FCD
  18. I am not sure I understand your question fully. There is a limit to everything so there isn't a universal spring or follower that works in every gun ever made. Another thing to consider is that there is no guarantee that the slide lock function will work when using a Frankenstein modified follower. The Taran Tactical Ultra Thin follower is designed to fully function in 9/38 caliber 2011 magazines. This basically means that it should function with the slide stop properly in those kind of guns. Fit in a 2011 magazine tube and function of it registering the rounds properly while shooting it will work in any caliber. Once you divert off the beaten path and start modifying parts to function in different guns or mags all bets are off when it comes to things being fully compatible or reliable. It is 100% up to you to figure it all out and deal with the issues when they happen. Basically put, if you are looking for a "Drop In and forget it" solution then don't use Frankenstein modified parts.
  19. Bummer. So much for that idea ...
  20. Tomahawk, sharp knife and 30 rounds of ammo .......man we have come a far piece!
  21. so who makes a velcro hook inner belt ? semms most these days have gone loop inner, my inner is shot but i have several loop outer so dont want to start over
  22. Today
  23. Another option I use for coupled mags is the MBX base pads. I have a 30 and 40 that I can couple together and add the wings to mono pod off of. I like that system as I can change out and the mags don't have to stay coupled together. I also added some grip tape to the bottom to add some grip. But every thing Tony said is spot on. I'd pick up a wide assortment of mags and configurations. May seem silly to some, but you never know what you may need. Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
  24. Bench

CHA-LEE's Tale

So, with these followers being modified to CZ and Walther pistols is there any limitation as to modifications to other double stack competitive pistols?
  25. 1301 Comp rail back in stock: (7-17-19) https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-picatinny-rail-for-1301-tx4/e5d864/
  26. Mine still hits the optic with an 11lb spring. ..
  1. Load more activity