Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. We talked it up.... I haven't had one of these "It can't happen" jams in a couple of years. After commenting on this post, I ended up with one at last night's match. Dang it!!
  3. I was grousing about the rule change at a "Backstoppers" level 2 match in Missouri not long after it went into effect (that was a great club who put on a great match, I think they have stopped though). The MD I was grousing to explained that HQ was making the changes to make the sport more self defense realistic. We were literally standing next to a stage that featured zombie cows with clay pigeon targets for brains as we discussed the loss of our ability to use expensive fun targets that many clubs had already purchased in order to enhance realism.
  4. I remember when they banned texas stars, my local club had just bought one. lol. Never fails.
  5. MGM sells a clamshell that starts open Snapper Target - MGM Targets. Not a max trap but would do what your looking for target comes up first then no shoot comes up and covers
  6. Today
  7. Just before that announcement I shot an IDPA match in PA that had a Texas Star and loved it. Her not wanting USPSA Lite did happen, wooden fault lines, standing in the open behind a piece of wood and pretending that you're in cover etc. They even change the original principles and don't adhere to them, Bill et al must be shaking their collective heads.
  8. Wow, I know this is an old thread! Does anybody know who makes the trap that completely covers the shoot target but drops down a few inches before opening so the head is exposed when it closes?
  9. I agree the Apex kit is sweet, I used to run it all the time, and now have it in my backup gen5 G17. My primary has a GPT. What reliability issues did you experience with the GPT? Mine has been flawless through a few thousand rounds and hasn’t been cleaned yet.
  10. Breaking even? I think about saving money but... In this sport people will spend thousands for any advantage, perceived or otherwise, lol... I try to get sucked in to that mindset as little as possible... lately without much success! First world problem for sure...don't tell my wife.
  11. I got my first GM classifier tonight. I shot 100% on 13-05 Tick-tock. 6.85 seconds with 3 Charlie’s for a 10.85HF. Two more of those and I’m there. I believe this will bump my average to 91.5%. If it would only stop raining on weekends here I would really appreciate it… 78F sunny tomorrow and then low 60’s and rain all weekend AGAIN. It’s been like that all of 2024. If Sundays match doesn’t happen (and if it does, they have not shot a classifier since last summer), then the next match I’m shooting isn’t until 5/11
  12. Be sure to advertise it in the DFW 3 Gunners Facebook group- we have a thriving community down here and you might be able to get some to drive up for matches depending on which weekends they are. We had a local carbine match last December and drew nearly 60 competitors.
  13. Still $100 shipping to FL. I think you have more bugs to work out.
  14. I'll throw my vote in for Hunters HD You can find gift certs here for sale in the classifieds frequently, which will bring the price down to a much more palatable level. I was $250 all in for a pair of Rx lenses from them,
  15. I've never been to Nationals but have shot quite a few Level 2s. I would guess that half or so of the level 2s have had prone positions. Some may have a second position where you can shoot the same targets but it's usually better to shoot prone. Seems like there are fewer low ports these days. I'm surprised that with 180+ matches you've never seen prone.
  16. I would prefer it to be more physical. I'm 55, but work my butt off to stay fit and see USPSA as a "sport". When I get too old I'll bail and start shooting sporting clays or trap. This will be my 8th year in the sport. Believe I'm at about 180 matches on practiscore including multiple nationals, state, and area matches. I can count the number of low ports that required kneeling on one hand. I have never had to go prone. It seems it should happen at least on occasion.
  17. This same crap was happening to my open gun last week. What a nightmare.
  18. Once the Practical Rifle match that I started a few months ago coalesces into more of an establishment at OKCGC, we can look at using it’s spot on the calendar as a placeholder weekend for a major rifle match. We got it put on the calendar as a monthly match several weeks ago for the remainder of the year, so it can carry over to subsequent years moving forward. It’s already drawing more competitors and generating more money than everything except USPSA.
  19. It occurs to me that most of my recoil spring testing was with the thumb rest. Might be worth breaking out the grinder and experimenting a little bit more. It’s just not easy (for me) to shoot right now.
  20. Yesterday
  21. There is still something I’m not getting with this gun. Spent a couple of boxes of ammo trying to figure out grip pressure and I still am unsure. There is a chance that I might need MORE grip pressure… I’m baffled enough that I’m almost willing to put the thumb rest back on, but then I’d probably do right side thumb racker. I’ll try and work through it more. I ran out of ammo today. I was smart and only brought 150 rounds so I wouldn’t hurt myself pounding away. I did have an 11, 12 and 13 split but they were almost more like a bump fire and not something that would have usable ergos on course. Gah!
  22. My thoughts confirmed. Thanks DeepFried...
  23. Interested in this style of pistol for optic competition shooting. The Strike One can be milled for an RMR and the Type B can come from the factory optic ready. Curious what folks think which of these would be better etc.
  24. Agreed. Joyce Wilson wrote a few years back, I think about the time they decided to outlaw the Texas star, that she didn't want IDPA to become USPSA light. I have no idea why she feels that way but there seems to be some history or ego behind holding onto some of the differences just to be different.
  25. IDPA has changed so much over the past 5-7 years and nearly all of it for better. Most of these changes made game closer to USPSA. In some ways (divisions and equipment) I think they actually got it right where USPSA did not. So why they continue to hang on to those last few idiotic differences is beyond me. Are they still trying to pretend it's tactical, or is it just to keep some separation between the two games? Beats me.
  1. Load more activity