Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I like cats. I like the relationship and trust earned. My wife and I have had Ragdoll cats since 2001. Our newest pair of sister cats are from the same breeder our original cats were from over 20 years ago. It’s taken some time, especially with them having each other to depend on. But the relationship continues to evolve. I also groom / shave the cats myself to keep the shedding down. It’s less stressful for them and I like picking up technical skills. I did buy a professional grade shear though. Makes the task way easier. It’s consistent with my overall philosophy. Get equipment that makes the job easier and work on improving your technical skill.
  3. That's probably the thing I like the least about the LFA. The grip is 3D printed and has sort of a cheap feel. The texture itself isn't bad but the overall quality feels sort of janky.
  4. Yeah, I feel like that was a good inclusion. I wish they had more hard and fast rules in the rest of the rulebook.
  5. They can be swapped out but here is the thing. I have had the gun break two different things in a three week period. The extractor broke that cost me a 3 gun match. I had the slide stop break and totally seize the gun up that cost me another USPSA match. I have less than 4000 minor load rounds through the gun. I have no confidence at all. Also, when trying to get the slide off I had to use a hammer to hit the back, so there is something very wrong with this gun. I load the frame because of it being close to 1911 and I k own the CZ p10 are close too. was also thinking about a p80 but again, what parts do they use in the slide. To shoot SSP I need a complete gun, can’t use a p80 frame with a Glock slide or else I would have done that already.
  6. It depends. But dillon has been slowly falling behind more and more on the prosumer model of presses. Especially now with the apex 10 costing the same as a new dillon. If I were starting from scratch I'd absolutely start there from a loading perspective. Whether it be automated or manual. I've been loading commercially as part of my FFL side business for about 3 years now. 1100 was my first machine. Now I have 5 of them all on mk7 drives The good. The 1100 is a tank of a machine. It's simple, easy to adjust and learn. They run quite well until they get dirty/gummed up. I think an 1100 with mk7 drive is the absolute best for your buck on brass prep. I'll never get rid of that setup for that purpose. Even guys loading on camdex and ammoload are still using automated dillons to run brass. The main loading benefit I see to the dillon is Super 1050s for cartridges over 308, and even those use specially shortened seating dies to fit (like 30-06). The other benefit is broader cartridge support. For the large majority of users neither of these benefits matter. If you found a used 1100 for a deal and only planned to mahual load I'd say go for it. They are very smooth and low impact on your body to operate. Ultimately I got weary of automated loading on them and picked up 2 used revolutions last year, but havent bothered to tackle the learning curve and run them. My interests are elsewhere for now and my day job has been very demanding. Hope that helps!
  7. Which adjustment screw are you referencing? The only one I know of is the the one that secures the adapter tip that sits inside the platform. The small primer one is blue. Changing the tension on that has helped me tons for sure. I'm curious if you've made another adjustment that I haven't learned yet.
  8. Today
  9. Getting old. Have to respect the body. My wife and I used to go to a Pilates studio multiple times per week pre-COVID. When COVID hit, the studio went out of business so we bought a reformer machine for home. My wife uses it often. I haven’t used it until today. My back and neck have been getting tighter and leading to some numbness (likely from compression). So I’m adding that back into my PT routine if I want to stay in the shooting sports for longer. Also cloned the new Starbucks chicken maple sandwich for my daughter’s breakfast. Using chicken nuggets and pretzel bites. The time saved going to Starbucks buys me time on the Pilates machine.
  10. They've changed the rule since then too, now the outside edge of the holster can't be more than 3" from your body. So unless you're fairly round 1" spacers probably wont fly anymore. And if you're that round those spacers are just making it fair for you as tucking the gun under your gut is going to hinder your draw a touch. I run a red hill holster, on a boss hanger with no spacers and my rig is barely legal. If my belt isn't tight enough it probably isn't legal. RHT holsters stick out pretty far.
  11. https://www.fgsengineering.com/product-category/reloading-accessories/hundo-accessories/
  12. He might mean 'minute' as in tiny, rather than a quantitative measurement.
  13. 8.5.1.1 Must be suitable for all day concealed carry or duty style holsters and worn on each stage regardless of the start position. That one caused umbrage at a major last fall. The shooter had a holster with about a 1" spacer that placed it very nicely for the draw but it wasn't a duty style holster or in any way something you would use for concealed carry. The shooter got called for it, put down his $100.00 challenge, and won. It seems like if you pretend that rule doesn't exist then you are good with the rest of the holster rules.
  14. My question is if the factory sealed unit fails.......is it a single shot? or just back to having more recoil? Every hydraulic or pneumatic system Ive ever used (not always firearm related) failed eventually. some very quickly. not sure this is an area I want to gamble with again. At least not on the clock.......been there done that.
  15. And all the usual stuff - needs to be kydex/leather, enclose the gun on three sides, be suitable to be worn all day, etc. Basically a lot of words to say "no trigger guard-only style race holsters".
  16. could you explain a bit more on this im not familiar with the measurment a minute.
  17. Is that the Range Panda? or is there another one?
  18. Heal of the gun has to be above the top edge of the belt and the holster has to be no more than 3" from the shooters body. I went back to my RHT dropped and offset. And of course your cover garment has to cover it.
  19. Sarge pointed me in the direction of the one that works with the hundo. I can gauge 100 rounds and have them in the case in 90 seconds now.
  20. The only knock I get is the powder funnel pulling out of the case. Cycle it 8 times with no cases to make sure the noise isn't there first. Then put a primed case under the powder die and see what happens.
  21. yessssssssss. so do it before practice
  22. Hello, I'm hoping that someone can help me with the issue that I'm having with my Dillon 1050. It seems that no matter what caliber I reload, when there is a case in the resizing station or the crimp station, there seems to be a knock. It doesn't effect the quality of ammo but it's annoying. What can I do to remedy this?
  23. I got one for the Armanov, hardly use it though. If you know someone with a 3D printer : Shockbottle hundo case gauge filler by VP-MFG | Download free STL model | Printables.com Hundo-Helper Shockbottle Case Gauge filler by BlankCD - Thingiverse The Armanov is also "just" a 3D printed part.
  24. Really? I thought the holster rules were some of the better-written ones (not that that's saying much...). It's section 8.5 in the 2024 rulebook. What's your question?
  25. I just spend a half hour re-reading some IDPA rules and I still don't know what the present holster rule is. I gave up USPSA but I could be persuaded to pull the holster off of the IDPA-banned belt if it means I can shoot IDPA/ESP with it.
  1. Load more activity