Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anybody Use The Total Gym?

Pelallito

Yes ... I love it!

It takes a bit of time to become accustomed to it and to figure out how to use it efficiently, but it gives me a thourough workout in 30 minutes a day with low/no impact and minimal risk of damage to joints and tendons. At 51, that's an issue for me!

My son is 20 and simply sets it higher and/or adds additional weight to allow him to exercise at a more insane level.

Yes ... I love it!

It takes a bit of time to become accustomed to it and to figure out how to use it efficiently, but it gives me a thourough workout in 30 minutes a day with low/no impact and minimal risk of damage to joints and tendons.  At 51, that's an issue for me!

My son is 20 and simply sets it higher and/or adds additional weight to allow him to exercise at a more insane level.

Schutzenmeister,

Thanks for the reply.

How many times a week do you work out, and is there a users guide on the web so that I can get an idea if I would like it?

Regards,

Fred

• 1 year later...

I use a knock off of the total gym. I am really happy with my decision. I do a circuit training workout 3x/wk. Like Schutzenmeister said, it takes a little while to get used to, because you have to keep your balance while you are moving yourself up and down the rails

I bought one several years ago before having a job that has it's own gym. By far, it is the best "All-In-One" machine for the money. After a quick search, I found this link...

Linky

Edited by Pharaoh Bender

I use a knock off of the total gym. I am really happy with my decision. I do a circuit training workout 3x/wk. Like Schutzenmeister said, it takes a little while to get used to, because you have to keep your balance while you are moving yourself up and down the rails

I bought a heavy duty (my nickname will never be "slim") knock-off by Bayou Fitness after I had knee surgery. Mine seems pretty stable and have not seen any balance issues. Set up a routine of about 8 exercises. I really like it.

Bill

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Are you all getting results with a Total Gym, or just maintaining what you have?

I am looking for something low impact (bad knee) but will add improve my body fat to lean mass ratio. In a nutshell I what to flatten out on stomach, and get some definition in the rest of me. Not looking for a six pack or anything like that, I just want to not be self concious when I am at the beach this Oct for my 5th anniversary/honeymoon.

Are you all getting results with a Total Gym, or just maintaining what you have?

I am looking for something low impact (bad knee) but will add improve my body fat to lean mass ratio. In a nutshell I what to flatten out on stomach, and get some definition in the rest of me. Not looking for a six pack or anything like that, I just want to not be self concious when I am at the beach this Oct for my 5th anniversary/honeymoon.

A total gym is not going to help with the muscle definition near as much as cardio and healthy eating will.

I've been using mine for over 5 years but only for knee exercises. (See my post about 4 years ago this thread.) Even after surgery I have knee problems but without the Total Gym, I doubt I could get around as well as I do.

As for the flat belly, I'm no poster boy for six pack abs, but I'd be willing to bet that if you go through the full regimen, you will trim down.

Bill

• 7 years later...