Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dpms Handguards

D.Hayden

On a new 16" DPMS, with the GlacierGuards...

I can not get these guards off, what's the trick? I have to be forgetting something .. to make it easier, the frontsight/gas block is off (putting on a JP adjustable), the gas tube is out, they should just slide out, right? I'm pulling down the collar, where it seems I can see all the way around the guards..

Thanks..

I can spread the top of the guards about 2-3 inches... I can not see anything that's holding them there. Just wanted to make sure there's not some secret pin, or d-ring or something, and then break them at that point.

Thanks..

I can spread the top of the guards about 2-3 inches... I can not see anything that's holding them there.  Just wanted to make sure there's not some secret pin, or d-ring or something, and then break them at that point.

brain/typing errors.. I can spread the top gaurds about 1/4 to 3/8" of an inch.. but the bottoms will not budge.

Thanks both, finally got them off. It was like one of the guards was welded onto the barrel nut. The 3/4" long piece that broke, can barely be seen, and the guards feel tight when they're back on.

I'll be putting on a free float eventually anyway... :)