Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hammer releasing

Wildeyedsboy

Need some help did some spring work to my CZ 75 Shadowline to lighten the trigger along with some very minor polishing. I purchased all CGW parts. 8.5 lb and 11 lbs hammer spring production Hammer, 13lb recoil spring, floating trigger pin reduced reset trigger spring, adjustable sear,  extended firing pin firing pin spring and misc replacement pins. I polished the trigger bar tops to a nice shine some machine marks remained. Polished the side still had heavy machine marks. Polished the bottom side of the sear cage as i call it, TEKMAT calls it the ejector. Lightly polished disconnector. Total tome polishing was only about 10-15 mins. Trigger pull for both DA/SA cut 50%. 7lbs and 3lbs. So for my issue that i need help on... This does not happen every trigger pull but in single action if i pull the trigger slowly I will get a hammer break but will not fall if I start to release the trigger the hammer will decock to half cock. If I continue to pull it will drop the hammer. If i pull smoothly it will release but not drop to half cock and drop all the way but there are two distinct trigger breaks. 

Question 2 what does the allan screw on the trigger fo see no real purpose. Any and all help is appreciated.

Screw on trigger is overtravel screw, back it out a quarter or half turn and test it again if it doesn't reset properly.

If you release pressure on the trigger pull then it will go to half cock because you are allowing the sear to contact the half cock notch with your finger. Now if it hits half cock when it is pulled through the stroke then that is a different problem, which is the half cock hook is higher than the full cock hooks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Well after talking to CGW who are great. They told me it was my disconnector timing. It was not fully engaging causing the gun to go into DA. They provided a couple pictures and what to donto fix it. Took less than an hour to do. Here are his instructions 

You have a classic disconnector timing issue on the hammer dropping to a false "half-cock".  I have attached a pic that shows how to fix this.  Go for a bevel width of around .008" - .010".  One pic shows the angle we use on a ceramic sharpener, the other pics show the finial bevel.  All you are doing is creating a clearance when you do this, nothing more

I cannot attach the pics so if you want them ask me to email them to you