Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 spitting brass

Continuing trials and tribulations of getting a new 1050 (with AmmoBot) to run. 

Last night I broke 3 decapping pins because brass gets on top of the shell plate, and gets smushed by the decapping pin/sizing die. Also aggravating is the shuttle will occasionally hang up and not extend out to feed a case into the shell plate.

MeatPuppet was kind enough to answer a few questions, and suggest I get the  SPR Services case feed fix plate, which is on the way. Hopefully this will help.

In the mean time, I took a closer look as to why the shuttle was hanging up. It appears the case sitting on top of the shuttle hangs up on a slight angle on the shuttle. This angle has an edge sharp enough that a case can hang on it. In the first pic you can see the shiny spot where the cases have been riding the shuttle, as well as the horizontal angle.  I took a jewelers file to smooth out the angle so it is more of a radius, and polish it up some.  That seemed to help a lot. Tonight I will polish it some more, as my dremel options were limited and will be picking up more bits.

If the problem still exits, next will be the Level 10 Derlin casefeed plunger . 

PrimerShuttelBefore.JPG

PrimerShuttleAfter.JPG