Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Team SIG Disbanded

Ehh, no bitterness from me. I'm appreciative of the opportunity I was given. I was rocking a Sig before I was selected for the team. I'll be rocking a Sig now as well. Their decision doesn't change how I feel about the products I represented. If I didn't believe in them, I wouldn't have stayed with the team. 

I have no regrets. In the end, it's all business. I get it. Am I sad? Sure, we've been a family for the last 2 years. But that dynamic certainly won't change just because we're no longer wearing the same shirts.

10 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

Why?  Are they no longer  supporting the sport?

You can read more on FB. There are a few working theories ranging from "the 320 has become successful enough to sell itself" to "the 320 is possibly favored to win the DOD handgun trials".

Well, I shot my Sig Max 1911 over the weekend at the MO Fall Classic. Just because Sig made a business decision, doesn't mean I'm immediately selling off all my Sig stuff. I was shooting one long before the opportunity to shoot with Sig, and I'll continue to do so even now....

Unless of course someone or a company puts something amazingly better in my hands, I don't see any reason or need to switch

On 10/1/2016 at 10:04 PM, thejez said:

wow thats surprising.  It will be interesting if everyone is like Tim and will stick with their sigs or if we see some ppl switching now.

If you actually *want* to be sponsored (I don't), then tim's attitude is the most sensible one to have, and because of that he will probably be sponsored again before long. If people think you only use the product because you are paid too ( or bribed with free stuff, professional shooting blouse etc...), that doesn't speak well for the product. OTOH, tim has given the impression of a person who believes sig is a great product regardless of sponsorship. I have a commemorative sig1911 that is very well made and accurate, so I would agree they make a nice 1911, even tho i paid for it.

what did shooting on "Team Sig" mean? I don't know much about that type of sponsorship and what benefits these shooters even got?  Did they give you all sorts of free guns and ammo or pay for your travel/expenses/match fees? Or did you just get to wear the team shirt?