Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Ruling Changes

race1911

Just wondering with the recent ruling change by the joint IWA and IPSC council to take the Tanfolgio Stock Custom and CZ SP01 off of the approved Production list whether or not they will be approved under USPSA rules ?...............kudos for them approving the Springfield XD series though

If you go to the USPSA website they have already changed it taking off the SP01

The list says

CZ 75 (all SA/DA and DAO models except P-01 & SP-01 series), 85 (all models), 97-B, 99, 100, 101, 110

Guess I'll cancel the one I told Angus to hold for me.

The list says

CZ 75 (all SA/DA and DAO models except P-01 & SP-01 series), 85 (all models), 97-B, 99, 100, 101, 110

Wow!!!!!! darn, i was excited to get a hold of one but i guess I have to settle for a cz 75.

Not happy at all that IPSC did this & even less pleased with USPSA's decision.

However, if you are still interested in a CZ, take a look at the 85 Combat in 9mm. For .40 Minor, a tuned 75B is an outstanding gun.

Angus Hobdel at www.ghostholster.com has a number of factory production parts for both guns (such as Heinie-style fixed sights). Regards,

D.C. Johnson

www.shootersparadise.com

The 97B has got to be heavier than the SP-01. The only disadvantages are the large grip and having to load .45 to minor.

And doesn't the P-01 have an ALUMINUM frame?

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Sometimes people believe that the rules are based on one parameter when they are really as political as many other aspects of our lives. Other teams that will be shooting the world tournament this year were complaining about the new pistol introductions. These cries were heard by the rule makers due to their political clout and viola - a new rule is formed. It all doesn't have to make sense. Many times ask yourself two questions. Who will benefit from the change and who will be at a loss. Many times with these two questions you can see how things got to where they are. One more important rule "always follow the money trail"

Politics isn't about ideology but rather about interests.

Rick

The 97B has got to be heavier than the SP-01.  The only disadvantages are the large grip and having to load .45 to minor.

And doesn't the P-01 have an ALUMINUM frame?

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

The list says

USPSA did not "change" the list, IPSC did. The USPSA list is IPSC's list with our changes, noted in red, maintained by NROI. I'll ask NROI to follow up with an option regarding the SP01 in USPSA.