Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bowen Rear Sight for 929

L.Lake

• 2 weeks later...

Just FYI ...

I have a Bowen RCSWS40T - (the .400 tall - Brownells - 100-004-953WB) installed on my 5" 627.

At the time I put it on I was running a .250 front sight and it seemed to me that the Bowen was getting a little too loose and too close to the top of it's usable adjustment limit (with that high a front). I need to try a slightly shorter front sight to allow rear to operate with less elevation adjustment

Sooooo ... I swapped out the (.250) front for a Dawson .225 x .100 and that allowed me to reduce the height adjustment 1/2 turn (that gave me dead-on at 12yds ... using 1 1/2 turn on the sight). Anything too much past 2 full turns on "my" Bowen started to get a little too loose for my liking. YMMV

edit: It looks like they are stocking the LPA versions at Revolver Supply these days and they are very similar (possibly a more "factory like" windage adjustment arrangement).

http://www.revolversupply.com/

Edited by pete627

Pete, could I ask a favour and get you to measure the notch depth of the Bowen sight please? I liked the sight picture of the old Millet sights, but struggle to find an equivalent these days. The bowen looks the closest. The LPA seems to be a nice sight, but the notch seems very shallow to me.

Thanks.

Pete, could I ask a favour and get you to measure the notch depth of the Bowen sight please? I liked the sight picture of the old Millet sights, but struggle to find an equivalent these days. The bowen looks the closest. The LPA seems to be a nice sight, but the notch seems very shallow to me.

Thanks.

I'm getting .0625 (1/16 of an inch) ...

Just remember ... the Bowen isn't like a factory sight for windage adjustment ... You tighten screws from each side to get what you want and loctite them. Not a biggie for me ... I like the big flat back panel but "it is different" and could be a shock if you weren't aware of that.

post-61067-0-09845700-1441207246_thumb.j

I have had very poor buying experiences with Magnum Mark. I will not do business with him again.

Run far and fast from Magnum Mark, he is a certified prick. I will gladly do without anything that he has before I send him money.

I found I liked the factory sight on the PC627, I think it's a.160". Hate the white outline version, but the solid blue gives a better sight than even Millets. It's deeper and just as wide. You just don't have the "Flat Face" which isn't noticeable to me when shooting. Brownells sells a kit for $14.99 and it's not hard to swap them in, just have to stake the little nut. Of course they're out of stock at the moment.