Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DQ

DJPoLo

I'm the first shooter on the first stage.

I warn the new shooters on my squad, "watch out for this target array because there is a huge potential to run the gun past it and turn to hit T3 and break the 180".

After the buzzer sounds I start the stage and do exactly what I had just described. :angry:

-Chet

Good thing yours was in a local match I presume. I had my 180 DQ at area 5 on the first stage on my B-day. Oh well maybe this year will be different. By the way Dan, A Friend of mine shot his Bedell shorty this weekend. He bought the gun last year but was just able to shoot it last weekend due to a personal reasons. Gun worked flawlessly and I was impressed. Thinking about getting one of your limited guns by years end.

Hate to hear the bad news! Since this was a local match and you not being a newbie and was the first stage, was it possible to move the target array to eliminate another less experienced shooter from doing the same thing??

Just wondering because we have quite a few 1-2 year shooters at our club. Thanks glock24man

i was dqed since i went prone with an unloaded pistol during walk through. I talked to the Range master and it was reversed. :)

It affected my shooting since i did not win. screwed up the last stage and came in first loser at 98.96% :blink:

I warn the new shooters on my squad, "watch out for this target array because there is a huge potential to run the gun past it and turn to hit T3 and break the 180".

Chet,

sorry about your DQ, anyway, according to USPSA rulebook:

2.1.4 Target Locations – When a course is constructed to include target locations other than immediately downrange, organizers and officials must protect or restrict surrounding areas to which competitors, officials or spectators have access. Each competitor must be allowed to solve the competitive problem in his own way and must not be hindered by being forced to act in any manner which might cause unsafe action. Targets must be arranged so that shooting at them on an “as and when visible” basis will not cause competitors to breach safe angles of fire.

that's a case of bad stage design, the stage is not complying with rulebook.

I don't know what is the USPSA procedure when dealing with a stage that doesn't comply with the rulebook, but it says "must" and this part of the requirement wasn't observed.

IMHO, it's not only the competitors that shall comply with the rulebook, but the match designers too.

I'd have politely accepted the DQ for unsafe action on my side, but then I'd have had a stern discussion with MD and RM for designing and approving an illegal stage... <_<