Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2005 Area 6 Championship

Mark, Bill, Cindy, et. al,

Just wanted you to know that you guys accomplished what all match directors hope to accomplish with their matches no matter what the size...you made people who couldn't come jealous of those who could. I didn't get to make it to the match this year but from everything I've heard and read from those that went, I really hate not being there. Maybe you lost a couple shooters here and there over walkthrough times but I'm sure going to try to be there next year and I'll be bringing a crowd with me. We had a local 3-gun match this past Sunday and all anyone could talk about was Area 6. We were getting updates from competitors who were there with you guys right in the middle of our own match. Congratulations guys.

John

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a blast at this match, and to think I almost didn't go :wacko: .

The stages were great, and it blew my mind that most stages the RO's told us they would handle the patching and resetting.

I had an interesting little conversation with SingleStack on his stage as I was loading my gun.

SS- " Are you Mike Dame?"

"Yeppers"

SS- "Single Stack"

I replied "no, it's an STI" I had the very noticable team shirt on so I was a little confussed untill he said he was SingleStack. Even then it took me a few seconds to clue in.

Thanks to everyone who made this match happen and congrats to all the champs. I second Jakes comment on Max's preformance, Eric's going to have one hell of a battle in Equador this summer.

I apologize for confusing you as you were loafing and making ready :D

It is nice to be able to put faces on names. I was dissapointed that I did not make the connection that Brian was BDH but I tried to introduce myself to as many be'ers as possible.

BTW, thanks for the 2 foot faults BDH! :( (I know, I know, you did not do it, I did)

I shot your entire stage waiting for you to yell stop. The door on the stage had a door knob that worked like a door knob. I did not know this until I tried to open it on the timer. I had planned to draw after I opened the door but when I pulled on the door it did not open and my hand slipped off of the door knob and my gun came out as I reached for the knob again. I guess my body blocked your view of a really nasty hand sweep :ph34r:

Area 6 was an awesome match. I was lucky enough to shoot in squad 2 with Lee Dimaculangen, Cheryl and Frank Cruz, Jerry and Kay Miculek, Kert Gaskill, and 9-year-old Teepy Porter.

I thought I really burned down the classifier, with A-C on both papers, and a clean run across the steel in 6.12 seconds. Then Frank Cruz shot about 15 shots (10 are required) with a clean score in 5.05 (you can't miss fast enough to win, but you can miss fast enough to really kick ass, apparently.), Lee shot it in 4 and 1/2 seconds. It was painful to watch Jerry M. miss the 5th steel, and have to do a second reload, on what was going to be a smoking run.

After the classifier, had a harrowing experience at the chrono, where they had managed to weigh a bullet 3 grains lighter than the average, and I squeaked by with 165.4 PF! Whew!

Anyway, I did pretty well overall--6th among B class Limited shooters. I shot 10 stages clean, managed to throw a mike on the near, right target in the second room of the shoot house stage (obviously, I was already thinking about reloading...there was a dead-center A, and nothing else), and suffered range equipment failure on "Reign of Fire".

Lesson: If you get a re-shoot, GO LAST! You may see someone with a better plan than you had. My second run on Reign of Fire was much worse than my first, with 2 mikes, and one target engaged twice.

Teepy Porter got the most out of the match...on some stages, reloading and re-engaging targets until all of his magazines were empty. If you're 9, and you came to shoot, well, I guess you're gonna shoot! Sometimes I wish I could do that.

Anyway, it was a fun and exciting match, I look forward to many more in the future.

DogmaDog

Thanks to all involved in the match. Great job!

It was nice to see a few BEr's again and meet a few more...

RKooi... who else would you have expected to step on the activator after you set it??? :blink:

Jon Merricks, it was nice seeing you again.

Shooter Grrl showed me her cool hat, thanks! Glad to meet you.

Met and yacked with JPro45... I like your MCII gun, of course.

hopalong is a super cool nice guy! Thanks for the atta girl... and the chocolate! :wub:

DaBlaster, nice meeting you, officially with handshake n' all. :P and glad to provide a shoulder fer ya... thanks for returning the favor! :D

Again, thanks to everyone in my squad... you guys/gal are an awesome group o' peeps.

My gun ran perfectly and thanks, Derek, for checking up on me and making sure everything was ok. I'm sorry you nearly had to pry it out of my arms so you could finish it. I'm counting the seconds until it returns!!! :lol:

...  and I hope I don't catch #*!! this weekend when I go back to SRGC (for our monthly match) for posting this.......  Like I said, I'll be there is weekend.

If you goto SRGC this weekend for a match, you'll have to set it up yourself. The 15th was the 3rd sunday. The 22nd is the regular Cool Springs day.

I would like to thank everyone for a great match set up. Congrats to the winners.

Only had small gripe about not being able to see the stages up close on Thurs.

I know the SAT & Sunday shooters was able to watch us shoot on Fri. and had a little advantage (in my opinnion). Never been to a match where you could not walk through the stages (except IDPA stuff). There's a first time for everything.

I know the course book was available but it did not represent the true courses of fire.

SINGLESTACK SAYS.... "BTW, thanks for the 2 foot faults BDH! :( (I know, I know, you did not do it, I did)

I shot your entire stage waiting for you to yell stop. The door on the stage had a door knob that worked like a door knob. I did not know this until I tried to open it on the timer. I had planned to draw after I opened the door but when I pulled on the door it did not open and my hand slipped off of the door knob and my gun came out as I reached for the knob again. I guess my body blocked your view of a really nasty hand sweep :ph34r:"

[sORRY, still trying to learn the new forum, and could not get the comments to insert correctly into my post. MY BAD.... BDH]

SS, I certainly would have called it if I saw it, but did not. Was I on the timer or in another position? One of my RO's did mention that we had a really bad sweep and wondered why I did not call it. I wonder if this was you?

I hate to DQ anyone, and refuse to make the call unless I am 110% sure. I'm just glad that everything worked out and you did not leave any blood on my stage!! ;)

BDH,

You were on the timer and I shot the stage on Friday. If you would have called it I would not have argued it :lol:

I am glad I did not leave any blood behind too. I can still see it happening.. in slow motion... Rattled my cage.

BTW, you would not have been the one to DQ me. You would have been the one to process the paper work. I did the rest. ;)

Someone else may have posted it but how about Daniel Horner winning L10.Not too bad for a teenage IDPA shooter.I have a feeling he will be one of the big dogs in just a little while.

Someone else may have posted it but how about Daniel Horner winning L10.Not too bad for a teenage IDPA shooter.I have a feeling he will be one of the big dogs in just a little while.

I shot in the same squad with Daniel. He's a super nice guy and an excellent shooter.

His dad - Andy - accompanied him at the match. Andy is also a quality guy.

Cy

I'd agree with that --- based on the 2005 PSA steel shoot results from Stock Auto Division.

1Horner, Daniel 22.62 19.95 21.52 14.69 12.04 23.64  114.46seconds

2Koenig, Doug  25.28 25.44 20.93 14.60 15.40 28.93 130.58seconds

3Trout, Matthew 26.34 20.59 19.18 12.53 27.67 27.24 133.55seconds

4Hupp, Richard  30.48 23.95 25.66 18.38 14.15 27.59 140.21seconds

5Carden, Doug  26.01 24.95 31.48 17.08 18.10 30.55 148.17seconds

Those were the top five shooters' scores. Check out the gap between first and second --- and who the shooter in second place is.....

Wanted to add my thanks to Cindy and the entire crew for all of their hard work. That was my 1st time to shoot Area 6 or travel to Georgia. I had a great time.

Well organized, ran smoothly, a great variety of challenging stages, friendly and helpful staff. Will definitely return there if the opportunity arrises.

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for the great words! I really appreciate it.

The Area 6 was a great match and one of my better performances in a while.

The RO's and match staff did an excellent job putting nearly 400 shooters through the 12 stage match in 3 days! Outstanding job to you all. I hope to see Area 6 in ATL for years to come.

Max Michel,Jr.

-M2

Wanted to add my thanks to Cindy and the entire crew for all of their hard work.  That was my 1st time to shoot Area 6 or travel to Georgia.  I had a great time.

.......  Will definitely return there if the opportunity arrises.

Renee,

The opportunity will arise again in August. We still have plenty of room at the Ga. State match in Gainesville. :)

Hope you and the gang can make it.

Carlos

BDH - Cleaning House was was my first big match as an RO with you - thanks for the tips and apologies for the (hopefully only) occasional goof.

proff - I ROed Teepy and he shot with more authority than the doing the walk-through. Maybe torn between doing what Dad wanted then than just doing what Dad had already well taught him to do. 5 hits - 3 As - on the swinger too. Great confidence builder.

Cindy/Bill - great match; thanks for all the hard work and vision.

b8fish- You and your fellow ROs are to be commended for the excellent job each and everyone of you did. Very accommodating and shooter friendly. As far as I'm concerned Cindy/Bill and you guys pulled off no less than a miracle.

Teepy does have a mind of his own. I think he had more points than dad on your stage. He likes to shoot.

Terry