Brooke

Classifieds
  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

3,453 profile views

Brooke's Achievements

Sees Sights Lift

Sees Sights Lift (7/11)

1. Just a question. If you have no cost issue and want the best builder you can find why are you wanting to specify the parts? If you truly go to a top notch builder they will know way more than you. I'm thinking no respected builder will put his name on a gun that you completely define. Why would they?
  2. The problem is that while standing in a given location might be completely acceptable regarding the 180, the RO has no control over what the shooter does with the gun. There is no way to tell a shooter its ok to shoot from a given location (even directly downrange) because the shooter may point the gun beyond the 180 from any position. No RO should get into the position of telling the shooter how to handle his gun Thats the shooters responsibility. The position of his feet doesn't matter.
  3. I have never been happy with the new situation that gives the President little authority and the Board day to day tactical management rather than strategic responsibility. That said I don't know most Board members but I know enough to say they didn't vote for dismissing the President lightly.I doubt NROI Director would act unless the seriousness of an offense justified it. There had to be some serious breach of conduct. Something like cheating or having some serious conduct with a woman. Not suggesting either of those occurred but you get the idea. If an elected President is dismissed then the reason has to be stated. It can't happen secretly. It just can't. This action must be explained and I believe it will look justified. They would not have acted so promptly to anything that would be controversial.
  4. Glad somebody is still sane. The opposite of that is steel challenge where every dick can shoot a .22. Apparently USPSA is willing to start a new division every time some nut has a fantasy. Best way to kill interest in the sport. Make it about membership not shooting
  5. This discussion is why the internet sucks. There is always somebody who objects to anything.
  6. I agree there are some great builders out there that are not that well known. Don at Venom helped me with a minor problem with a Venom gun I bought used. He did it quickly I appreciate his help.. Nice guy who apparently builds a great product. Due largely all the known guys being swamped with business quoting delivery times of 1 and two years I went to Dan Heitzenrater at D2 Customs after researching possibilities. Dan delivered two Open guns promptly in less than 3 months. The first in less than 2 months. Prices were very reasonable. Followup has been spectacular. I can highly recommend Dan. He is located in Punxsutawney PA
  7. Mixed brass is a major contributor to the variation. Brass length, thickness, history (especially work hardening, brittleness) vary by brand. Even if you sort by headstamp and only keep the brands you know to be the best from experience with them, you are very lucky to stay within a total OAL range of 0.005 . That's using the top of the line presses like Dillon 1050 and 1100 and any of the Mark 7 presses like the Apex 10. The machines have variation as mentioned, e.g. shell plate flex, stroke length and Lord knows what else. Do you realize what small variation 0.005 or even 0.010 are? I don't think you do. Just because you can measure it doesn't mean its easily controlled or even very important. The angle you get the round in your calipers causes more variation than that. Try it. I would love to make every round exactly the same. That is not possible on a $1000-6000 press due to the huge number of variables involved many of those with the brass. Decide what you can deal with. With properly prepared brass and careful after production gauging for both diameter and length you can maintain +/- 0.005. Pick your center point correctly and you won't have issues with most guns. While I sometimes use that range I try hard to keep my match ammo at +/- 0.003. Im pretty successful at that with both an automated 1050 and an automated Apex 10. For match ammo I check every round for OAL and gauge all rounds in a 100 hole Shockbottle gauge. I know by experience that any round that will freely drop in any hole in my gauge will work in my gun. I also know that using my chosen bullet profile I can chamber +0.005 from the center point I use and have little problem with rounds at -0.005 from the center. I still strive for +/- 0.003. That is easily possible with little fallout if you use a good consistent case prep and careful QA along with sorting by headstamp. YES...I do have to change die setting for seating if I change headstamps in the middle of a long press run. If I change from Win or R-P to any other brass I have to reset the seating die. Typically between Blazer and Federal and Speer I don't have to change anything but I check carefully when I make the change. A range of 0.010 can usually be used if you pick the right center point. It can be a disaster if you pick a center to close the max your gun can chamber or too close to the point where feeding short rounds is not reliable. There is no substitute for knowing your guns and your presses and having a consistent process.
  8. Not sure I understand correctly so I should stay out of this. If your gun's frame is drilled and tapped for 5-40 screws (most are) damned if I would be drilling and tapping that frame. The mount is not threaded so there should be no issue there. Sorry if I misunderstand what you're saying but drilling and tapping the frame makes zero sense to me
  9. This is stage 19 of the 2022 Limited/Open Racegun Nationals at Talladega. I was lucky enough to be on a squad with the well known RMI George Jones. A super nice guy for the record.You can see the WSB and stage diagram for yourself. Target 3 is the open target. George shot this 1 to target 3 followed by 2 to each of the others targets without a reload, then reloaded and shot 3 to target 3. This caused untold confusion among everyone who witnessed it including the RO's on the stage. The confusion was how many procedurals is this. I don't think anyone in Alabama thought it was zero procedurals other than George. RM was called and after he discussed it with the CRO and George (who was legitimately in the conversation as the shooter) it was ruled zero procedurals. I have never thought this was correct until reading this ruling from NROI. Apparently zero procedurals is the proper ruling and it will certainly change my behavior going forward. I can't post the stage picture. Google 2022 Racegun Nationals Matchbook and go to stage 19 [STAGE 19] RUNAROUND SUE STARTING POSITION: stage sponsored by In shooting area, wrists below belt, handgun loaded and holstered. STAGE PROCEDURE: Upon audible start signal engage T3 with only four rounds, then perform a mandatory reload and engage T1,T2,T4,T5 with only two rounds each. Arrays may be engaged in any order. TARGETS: 5 IPSC SCORING: Virginia Count | ROUNDS: 12 50 BACK TO BACK NATIONALS 2022
  10. https://www.atlasgunworks.com/product-details?id=91963740#product_detail
  11. As has been said by others, the shooter certainly DQed.. However you should only be talking to the shooter in range commands. Idle chit chat from the RO is not appropriate and I have seen it lead to problems. Shut up the non needed talk