USPSA and IDPA shooting, reloading
  • Real Name
    Trace McDonald

Recent Profile Visitors

13,924 profile views

RangerTrace's Achievements

Back From the Dead

Back From the Dead (11/11)

1. It's pretty light, but you certainly know you have something on your face. I don't get a crisp view, probably because of my eyesight. I've not messed with mine in many weeks. It's the kid's game now.
  2. Used mine again yesterday. So quick and easy to use. One of the best investments I've ever bought.
  3. I shoot an XC in IDPA. No issues with the box or weight with 126mm mags.
  4. Well keep in mind, from what I've read, most of us hold our breath when we start shooting. So, that might be the reason for being out of breath.
  5. You're right. We don't do anything but get a paycheck.
  6. RangerTrace

SIG P226 Value

Well the original grips sucked, so I know why they replaced them. I bet the 600-800 range would be correct. I traded a G43x with optic and light for the same generation P220 not long ago. It is all original and I will likely never shoot it. I've got a P220 Legion if I need to scratch that itch.
  7. That's not how it works. Somebody might run into the same issue and want to ask you or some of the other posters questions.
  8. I wasn't thinking much of it until I experienced it. We were in downtown Fort Worth doing interviews, so I thought we were going to miss it. Probably 100 or so TCSO folks got to enjoy it.
  9. IIRC, Remove the slide from the gun, put the slide stop through the barrel link and push it back into the barrel lug. The slide stop should still be able to rotate inside the link.
  10. My club uses wood strips with rubber matting attached to it, and duct tape to help hold it in place. And Chalk lines for where it is supposed to be. Tape doesn't stick very well on the dirty concrete floor.
  11. I've shot a ton of their 124 Match Winners and they are good. But I've found a source for 125 HAPs for the same price. Much cleaner on the comp and extremely accurate. Shot a 1" group at 25 yards today in an uncomfortable position.
  12. RMR makes awesome bullets
  13. If I was starting over, I'd go Mark7. But I've got my 1050, bullet feeder and RF100 running great. So, I don't want to start a new learning curve.