Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DPMS LR 308

M ammo

Full length small base dies,, making sure the die is screwed all the way down touching the shell holder.

then trimming the case and chamfering it,,

has made the difference,,,

the only problem I have now it the primers, have fallen out,,, and gotten in my lower,,,

so I wipe some glue over the primers,, and all is well,,

NOW after much,,,, trouble shooitng,, the gun runs,,

Full length small base dies,, making sure the die is screwed all the way down touching the shell holder.

the only problem I have now it the primers, have fallen out,,, and gotten in my lower,,,

screw the sizing die all the way down, lift the die and screw it down 1/4 turn more, tighten and check a case.

Jim; your primer popping problem. are you using FC brass? If so, don't!

jj

screw the sizing die all the way down, lift the die and screw it down 1/4 turn more, tighten and check a case.

jj

I'm using mixxed brass,,,, and yes come to think of it,,, it is the FC brass, that I have the primer problem with,,

Thanks!! more brass sorting,,, so much fun!!!

Jim M ammo

jj

I'm using mixxed brass,,,, and yes come to think of it,,, it is the FC brass, that I have the primer problem with,,

Thanks!! more brass sorting,,, so much fun!!!

Jim M ammo

from what I have heard, Win and LC 308 brass are probably the most available that work well for multiple reloads (other than the expensive stuff; Lapua, etc). I also have heard that Fed MATCH is ok, but I have no experience with it. I do have experience with FC 223, and it was...much like your "discovery" with FC 308. needless to say, I cull out all FC rifle brass now...

jj

Federal brass sucks for reloading. It work hardens really quick and the primer pockets are worthless after about 2 reloads (maybe extended slightly in a gas gun since the pressures are lower).

You can find Lake City brass for a good value and I have always been a big fan of Win brass.