Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson/Heinie sight combo for G17

Steve Koski

Can't think of any Steve, off the top. In case you haven't, take a look at the Warren/Sevigny Competition set with the fiber optic front. Lots of daylight on both sides of that blade.

I got mine from http://www.cpwsa.com/ He's in our vendor tent.

Jim

just got the warren/sevigney com sights and they rock!! and i dont even have them on the gun yet..lol

Why the Heinie SlantPro rear, just out of curiosity? I find the slanted forward face of that rear sight design really picks up distracting light glare. I much prefer the backdrafted (i.e. the top of the sight comes further to the rear than the bottom) face of the WTS rear sight since, in most angles of light, the rear sight face is always black because it's always in shadow.

Hey Koski!

(Yeah...it's Z from GP.com....). Dawson Precision sells the Heinie Slantpro rear and you can buy either their thin FO front sight or wider ones depending on your taste. I was running the Heinie Slantpro with a .125" Dawson FO front. Plenty of daylight. I shoot both indoor and outdoor and never noticed any glare on the Heinie rear sight.

C ya!

Z-

Why the Heinie SlantPro rear, just out of curiosity? I find the slanted forward face of that rear sight design really picks up distracting light glare. I much prefer the backdrafted (i.e. the top of the sight comes further to the rear than the bottom) face of the WTS rear sight since, in most angles of light, the rear sight face is always black because it's always in shadow.

Duane,

The forward slant makes on the Heinie's make them better for carry IMO. Less obtrusive, less sharp of a surface pointing out into space. I see no glare on them. Serrations may be helping.

Nice blurb on overhand vs slide release BTW.

Koski

Thanks, Steve. I appreciate the compliment.

On the other topic, I'm not sure there's really a right and wrong answer there, just different experiences and opinions maybe. I've never had a problem with the back drafted WTS sights hanging up on anything in concealed carry, or during a draw from concealed carry. And I find the serrations on the SlantPros, which are supposed to cut down on glare on a forward slanting rear sight face, to me just catch and reflect light and make the situation worse. :lol:

I ordered a dawson set for my little brother from Chris (www.cpwsa.com) for Christmas. Thanks for the help everyone.

Dawson Fixed Tactical Carry Sights for Glock pistols - a great addition to Dawson's superb line of sights. Snag free rear has no sharp corners and features recessed dovetail set screw for added security. Rear sight is available in either target or fiber optic configurations. Rear sight notch is.125 wide and perfect for tactical and competitive applications when paired with the included .105 fiber optic front sight. Target model rear features ultra-fine serrations to cut down glare. Fiber optic model features counterbored inserts to prevent "halo" effects. Comes with matching .205 tall by .105 wide serrated blade, fiber optic front sight with .040 fiber insert. Price is $80 for target and $90 for optic model. Now available for the Smith & Wesson M&P. Order below.