Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Championship – April 23-25, 2010

The Sabre Defence Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Championship is being held April 23-25, 2010 at Rockcastle Shooting Center in Park City, KY. The match will feature 10 stages over natural terrain, and will be shot over 3 days. Applications for those who have shot one of the previous BRM3G matches can be found at: BRM3G Application. Applications for new shooters will be posted at the same location in about 2 weeks. All shooters will be receiving a match T-shirt this year, and you can order extras on your application.

Sabre Defence Industries has again donated a rifle which will be raffled at the match with all proceeds going to the Wounded Warrior Project. Make sure you get your tickets by including your order on your application. Only 200 will be available.

Dinners for competitors are being planned for both Friday and Saturday nights. One dinner is being sponsored by Barrett Rifles , and the other dinner sponsor will be announced later. During the Saturday night dinner, we will be auctioning several guided hunts located around the nation with all proceeds going to the Wounded Warrior Project – so bring your checkbooks!!! More details about the hunts will be available later.

Rooms at Park Mammoth Lodge, the match hotel, are filling FAST! Their phone number is 270-749-4101. Links to other lodging are on the Links Page of the match website: BRM3G.com .

Those who have expressed an interest in working the match as an RO and have not gotten an email from me about the match, please email me at afh3g@yahoo.com. ROs will be shooting on the 21st and 22nd.

Merry Christmas,

Andy

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the stages going to be as labor intensive to reset as last year? Same format?

I hope so! And I hope there are trees and bushes obscuring targets, etc...frightening all those clean range guys. :devil:

I'm there either way!

This was a GREAT event last year and I highly recommend it.

Cool. I'll be there. I'm really looking forward to some more 100+ yard slug targets! Oh yeah.....do you think you can build some smaller tunnels to stuff my 6'4" 245 lb frame into?

I have an idea!!!!.......Maybe we could make this like a horse race and let's weigh down the 150 lb. mountain hoppers with about 100 lbs. of weight to level the playing field.

JK :D .....This was an AWESOME match and I better send in my check and make my reservations ASAP!

Andy, I'll be there but only if you promise to make Tod do double reset and put all of the handgun targets behind stout HARDWOOD bushes this year. It was too much fun watching him prune brush with all those itsy bitsy 9 mm bullets....Joe

Serioulsy, it's my favorite match of the year and I won't miss it.

Andy, I'll be there but only if you promise to make Tod do double reset and put all of the handgun targets behind stout HARDWOOD bushes this year. It was too much fun watching him prune brush with all those itsy bitsy 9 mm bullets....Joe

Serioulsy, it's my favorite match of the year and I won't miss it.

I was trying to get some information as to plan ahead and bring me a sidekick to assist in the extremely laborious task of resetting the stages or see if they may be slightly less involved. It wore me out last year. :yawn: The shooting was difficult enough yet alone do it after resetting every stage 6-8 times. Yeah....I'm whinin....I won't lie. Reset kicked my butt and took some of the fun out of it for me. :o But then I got to the prize table and it was all better til next year. :D

I just got done reserving one of the last two available rooms at the Resort. Can't wait.

I owe you a :cheers:

I just got the last room...wheew!

BRM3G...here I come!

I barely had time to pee today, nevermind surf the net, check BE and make a phone call. Looks like I am #1 on the waiting list for a room at the resort.

Edited by DMAC

I want to go, but guess I have to wait another couple of weeks for the new shooter application to come up :/

Hey Henrik, I think you'll be fine, this match won't fill up in a nanosecond like benning, but the word is getting out pretty fast! I haven't shot a great deal of matches but this one is hard to beat!

Hope to see some of you left coasters out there :-)

I want to go, but guess I have to wait another couple of weeks for the new shooter application to come up :/

Hey Henrik, I think you'll be fine, this match won't fill up in a nanosecond like benning, but the word is getting out pretty fast! I haven't shot a great deal of matches but this one is hard to beat!

Hope to see some of you left coasters out there :-)

Sounded like Chris wanted to go and I think Keith and maybe Chris S were mumbling about going as well. I'll do my very best to convince the last two not to go ;)

Edited by gose