Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 MODS

wolfie

I have a new Glock 34 which I am trying to tweak a little. I have not been involved in any competitive shooting but would like to start. I understand that the Glock 34 is not a production gun due to its barrel length so I will use my G 17 for that.

So far I have put Heinie 50+ Slantpro fixed sights, vanek classic trigger and I just sent it off to have the grip reduced and finger grooves removed by Boresight solutions.

Everything else is stock.

Any other suggestions??

I have a new Glock 34 which I am trying to tweak a little. I have not been involved in any competitive shooting but would like to start. I understand that the Glock 34 is not a production gun due to its barrel length so I will use my G 17 for that.

So far I have put Heinie 50+ Slantpro fixed sights, vanek classic trigger and I just sent it off to have the grip reduced and finger grooves removed by Boresight solutions.

Any other suggestions??

After the above mods the 34 will only be a Limited gun and it will be far from ideal for that. 9mm is scored minor in Limited as is hard to climb the ladder. If you don't care about getting any higher in classification and just shooting for the fun of it that is different. I am competitive and always trying to shoot better and get classified higher.

Thanks for the info on USPSA. I see that the G34 IS a production gun. I was confusing it with IPSA where the G34 is NOT a production gun.

Either way I hate the finger grooves and would prefer to learn to shoot it well and have fun for now. IF the bug really bites me and I cannot live with the disadvantage of being in the limited division I guess I can always go to another gun.

Thanks.

Okay, makes sense. I can still stop Boresight. Maybe I should just send my G17 to them since this is my carry gun and leave the 34 production legal and just put in more time to get used to the grooves.

Thanks again.

As far as your G34 (if you can get the grip mod cancelled in time) it's good to go. The Vanek Classic is outstanding and your sight selection is fine. Shoot it.

Jim

I used to hate finger grooves and shot only 2nd Gen. Glocks. After shooting them for a couple years, I decided to give a new G34 a try. Slapped some Trugrip tape on it and now the grooves don't bother me in the slightest. I think, for me anyway, that the finger grooves were just an early mental block. I used to mess around with trigger tweaking too. Now, I'm back to stock except for a LWD connector and some polishing. The connector isn't even a necessity, but it is just a bit more crisp than stock. The more I shoot Glocks, the more I'm convinced they don't really "need" anything more than a good set of sights and a lot of practice.

Any other suggestions??

With or without finger grooves, that really should have no bearing on the way you shoot. Sights and trigger are right on. Maybe get a metal guide rod and a lower pound recoil spring (14/13 lbs) ... then play around with your loads. Something around 130 PF will keep you out of trouble and prevent you from going sub-minor at chrono. Be sure you don't go over the weight limit. Many big matches DO weigh your gun at chrono.

I used to hate finger grooves and shot only 2nd Gen. Glocks. After shooting them for a couple years, I decided to give a new G34 a try. Slapped some Trugrip tape on it and now the grooves don't bother me in the slightest. I think, for me anyway, that the finger grooves were just an early mental block. I used to mess around with trigger tweaking too. Now, I'm back to stock except for a LWD connector and some polishing. The connector isn't even a necessity, but it is just a bit more crisp than stock. The more I shoot Glocks, the more I'm convinced they don't really "need" anything more than a good set of sights and a lot of practice.

This pretty much covers all the bases. Especially that last sentence. +1

This pretty much covers all the bases. Especially that last sentence. +1

I'm there too.....