Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I got the Possum Hollow case trimmer

OPENB

I started with the Lee set up, and got frustrated with the case wobbling off the shell holder while spinning in the drill. I tried the RCBS trim die, but couldn't find a good way to trim, either with a file or a Dremel tool, and it was pretty slow. I was about to try the RCBS trim-pro with drill attached, but it was getting pretty expensive. I watched the Youtube video on the Possum Hollow, and thought I'd try it. Got it last night from Midway, along with the power drill attachment. Did 100 .223 cases in about 10 minutes. Just like sharpening a pencil. $30 plus shipping. I can replace this 10 times for the price of a Gracey. And very consistent, I got 1.75" on the dozen or so cases I checked. Just have to trim AFTER resizing so the shoulders are set back consistently.

I had seen a thread some time back on a different forum where a guy set up an electric drill and (no kidding) an electric mixer in a box. The Possum Hollow trimmer went on the drill and he rigged Lee chamfer tools on the two mixer shafts. Trim, debur inside and out. Unfortunately I can't find the thread now. Anyone else seen it?

I got the Lee chamfer tool too, after watching the same guy's youtube video using it in a 16mm socket chucked in a drill. They must have changed the outside diameter of the tool, because it was too big to fit in a 16mm, and too small in a 17mm, and nothing close in SAE would work. I tried my Wilson/RCBS deburring tool, and it fits perfectly in the power adapter for the Possum Hollow. I'm going to get one for .308 too.

• 1 month later...
Absolutely one of the best gun related purchases I've made. Thanks to the forum members who brought it to my attention.

Jim

++++++++1 :cheers::cheers:

the time I have wasted in my life before... the Possum Hollow case trimmer :ph34r:

the other Jim

<_< I got my Possum several years back. If you use the brass more than twice loads, like with long range shooting. the body of the brass can stretch out giving you a case that is the proper should size , but too long over all and get a nasty time eating jamb in the rifle.

I know this .....How?

My Rifle ran great this last match, just be certain to check over all length on the case too

Edited by AlamoShooter

one thing that I seamed to work for me, but you have to add the over-all length check.

I used a new cordless drill 1/2 size and put a dowel with sand paper on it in the chuck to "clean up" any scratches on the chuck bits. After I made sure the chuck bits would not scratch my cases .

I Chucked the 223 case in the drill and used the Possum trimmer on it -, & thin the neck uniformer & thin the chamfer tool inside and out - at the end ran a neck brush in the case.

This is only practical with a keylees chuck

I did not have a cordless drill that would fit the Possum

I did this for my long range brass = over 400 yard

Shooting a group I did not see a big improvement , I still get flyer's. I think I try a bit harder when I shoot if I have done all that to each case.

Edited by AlamoShooter