Best gunsmith nobody has heard of?

R. Batt

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ed Cameron is well known but I rarely see his name mentioned on here. He is easily one of the top gunsmiths in the U.S. for 1911/2011 style competition guns. He builds beautiful guns and they run like a scalded dog.

Another name is Marty Kolodziej of Accuracy Speaks. Marty has built some fantastic stuff and he knows how to work on 1911/2011's. He can also do the best trigger job on a 1911 or an XD/XDM than anyone I know. Ask TGO....Rob L. tried my XDM trigger and said it was perfect. Marty is also a phenomenal AR smith and builder.

Both of these guys are in AZ where the shooters know what they want and there are plenty of them.

Edited by jasmap

I don't know if he is known outside of Michigan or not, but a guy named John Trautman (J.T. Guns) builds really great 2011 gun. I've shot with a lot of his customers, my Dad included, and his guns just flat out run and run. They also have a style that's hard to define in words, but I can usually pick one out of the crowd.

Rob Shepherd at Major Nyne Guns (www.m9guns.com), in Salem, Oregon, does some great work.

+1 for Rob Shepherd's work at Major Nyne Guns. Rob is currently building a new Limited 40 STI for me and has done a lot of other work on my competition guns. Since he only lives a few blocks away, a trip to the gunsmith isn't hard!

Charles Thompson from Toledo, Ohio gets my vote. I have a Para P14 built from a frame kit before they started making complete guns and it compares with the best and is better than 2 of the biggest names out there. That is not the only example of his work I have either.

JMNSHO

Richard

Jason..... Shhhhhhh.......!!! Ed is our AZ secret! :ph34r::ph34r:

Just kidding... sorta. Ed makes dead nuts accurate, reliable as a rock works of art. The gun does everything but pay my taxes for me.

Ed Camerons guns are AMAZING...ive seen his Limited guns and Neomets open gun its flawless :cheers:

Jason..... Shhhhhhh.......!!! Ed is our AZ secret! :ph34r::ph34r:

Just kidding... sorta. Ed makes dead nuts accurate, reliable as a rock works of art. The gun does everything but pay my taxes for me.

Ed Camerons guns are AMAZING...ive seen his Limited guns and Neomets open gun its flawless :cheers:

Hey, I'm nobody and I've heard of this guy in CO. Granted, we have a GM shooter that carries more than one of his guns around here, but I'd heard of him before that. Not sure he qualifies. The secret is out on him.