Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA Witness Elite Holster?

Steve4102

I have a EAA Witness Elite Match in 10mm. I have been searching for a OWB belt or paddle holster for it with little success. I could use some suggestions, recommendations or links to holsters that will fit the Elite Match.

Thanks

Steve

For future reference, you don't want to cross post... it makes the Mods crazy. :)

Bladetech, Ghost or Speedsec.

I'm currently using a BladeTech.

I just tried the Ghost Holster with my Witness Elite Match. To get a secure fit, I had to have the nylon set screw in the channel up almost 1/4", the center set screw about 1/4" and the two side nylon set screws about 1/8". Needless to say, with all the set screws sticking out this far they would get beaten up pretty quickly (especially running after all these really fast shooters) while RO'ing. Additionally, it wasn't obvious to me how to keep the set screws from working themselves up or down on their own. I think that the Ghost holster is designed for the square trigger guard of the Witness Elite Limited and Gold Team.

I had one non-reproducible incident where the gun just popped out while in the unlocked position and I wasn't even touching the gun. Further attempts to get it to happen again failed. I could hang the holster upside down with the holster unlocked and the gun was rock solid. I'm just completely puzzled by the incident. At the same time, I was also really impressed by the holster.

In the end, I decided to send the Ghost Holster back despite my dreams of shooting with one.

I've got a CR Speed WSM 2 coming soon. I'll give that a try next.

Bladetech, Ghost or Speedsec.

I'm currently using a BladeTech.

I just tried the Ghost Holster with my Witness Elite Match. To get a secure fit, I had to have the nylon set screw in the channel up almost 1/4", the center set screw about 1/4" and the two side nylon set screws about 1/8". Needless to say, with all the set screws sticking out this far they would get beaten up pretty quickly (especially running after all these really fast shooters) while RO'ing. Additionally, it wasn't obvious to me how to keep the set screws from working themselves up or down on their own. I think that the Ghost holster is designed for the square trigger guard of the Witness Elite Limited and Gold Team.

I had one non-reproducible incident where the gun just popped out while in the unlocked position and I wasn't even touching the gun. Further attempts to get it to happen again failed. I could hang the holster upside down with the holster unlocked and the gun was rock solid. I'm just completely puzzled by the incident. At the same time, I was also really impressed by the holster.

In the end, I decided to send the Ghost Holster back despite my dreams of shooting with one.

I've got a CR Speed WSM 2 coming soon. I'll give that a try next.

Maybe even the Guga Ribas would work for you....personally,.I did not have good luck with my CR. I never had issues with the Speedsec.

ON the ghost I alsofound the white plastic screws walked in after useage. Just use some clear nail polish on the threads to keep the white screws from moving.