Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli Vinci

Merlin Orr

I think you are spot on with the Double Vinci idea. Great marketing and product design ideas you are sharing with them. Tell them your consulting fees and have them hire you as a US Brand Manager for Vinci/Super Vinci products. Sales would increase, I'm sure. :cheers:

I'd have been all over that package!! Seriously, I'd drop the money on a 21st century shotgun package like that. What amazing flexibility!!

Are the barrels captive to the receiver and that's their hangup? All this seems silly in some ways.

Oh well......

Consulting fees, heck, I'm just trying to give them my money :roflol:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news, guys--from Benelli USA:

"...the change in legislation has caught everyone by surprise. We are currently inquiring with our attorneys as to what we can now legally sell. If it turns out to be a green light on importation, these magazine extensions will be available, it will however take a few months to get them. I suggest checking back with BenelliUSA in about 2 months."

TWO MONTHS, BOYS! Considering how much better my Vinci is with slugs than my M2, two months isn't soon enough!

Thanks to everyone who emailed and called in!

I think you are spot on with the Double Vinci idea. Great marketing and product design ideas you are sharing with them. Tell them your consulting fees and have them hire you as a US Brand Manager for Vinci/Super Vinci products. Sales would increase, I'm sure. :cheers:

I'd have been all over that package!! Seriously, I'd drop the money on a 21st century shotgun package like that. What amazing flexibility!!

Are the barrels captive to the receiver and that's their hangup? All this seems silly in some ways.

Oh well......

Yeah, I am getting annoyed with their customer service as well. It only took 3 weeks for the first reply to come, and it was pretty short, lacking information, and unapologetic when it did finally arrive. They market this as a modular shotgun, but it is only modular in that it breaks down into 3 pieces...at least in the USA. Does that make an O/U shotgun modular too? How about a 1911 or any Semi-auto pistol? The slide comes off of the frame and the magazine is removeable too!

I went duck hunting once with my Vinci and didn't clean it immediately after...sometimes I forget to clean my shotguns, especially the synthetic ones, for a couple of weeks. Well, I cleaned it the other night and noticed a spot of rust on the receiver and another on the barrel. Rubbed off fine and the cleaning I gave it makes it look brand new inside and out, but what if it hadn't and I'd wanted to replace the barrel? Too bad? $1400 gone because of a rust spot? Ridiculous. I'm not completely sure, but it looked like the barrel could be screwed out of the receiver similar to a bolt action rifle setup...if not, Benelli should seriously consider this too, as barrel swapping is a pretty common thing here in the US and they could do that without the issue of a separate serial number.

I'm actually thinking of selling my Vinci just so I don't have to put up with future hassels, and instead buying either a nice O/U or an older but good conditioned Rem 1100 with some "extras" so I can use it as a duck gun, slug gun, or a 3gun/HD option.

Edited by jpfrog

jpfrog:

There are metal treatments (usually meant for high-end carbon-steel knives) that very effectively deter rust even in marine environments.

Sentry Solutions Tuf-Cloth is one.

You could also use a simple rub-down of something like Mike's Tenacious Oil (meant for bicycle chains) that is water repellent and long-lasting. I got through college bicycling twelve miles a day through two months of El Nino rains and never had a rusty bike chain even while the water in the gutters was high enough to submerge my Trek bike's rear chain guide. Tenacious Oil is what I currently use on my blued guns, even though it doesn't last as long as Tuf-Cloth.

There are easy ways to protect your investment!

• 3 weeks later...

jpfrog:

There are metal treatments (usually meant for high-end carbon-steel knives) that very effectively deter rust even in marine environments.

Sentry Solutions Tuf-Cloth is one.

You could also use a simple rub-down of something like Mike's Tenacious Oil (meant for bicycle chains) that is water repellent and long-lasting. I got through college bicycling twelve miles a day through two months of El Nino rains and never had a rusty bike chain even while the water in the gutters was high enough to submerge my Trek bike's rear chain guide. Tenacious Oil is what I currently use on my blued guns, even though it doesn't last as long as Tuf-Cloth.

There are easy ways to protect your investment!

Yeah- I just got a little lazy from dove hunting in the dry conditions (and not seeing many birds) where we weren't taking many shots and didn't need to clean our guns immediately after- plus they've got protective finishes on them already so that helped with the laziness. The Vinci doesn't have that finish, and I was duck hunting which is much, well, "wetter" than dove. That was my mistake, and one I am mad at myself for making...I always clean my pistols and rifles, just got lazy on the shotties due to the conditions.

Anyway, I have a nice Cerakote finish on my custom 300 win mag that I built last year, and I'm thinking of having the Vinci cerakoted as well because that stuff is great. Anyone know if this would cause any issues with lock-up due to tolerances? I'm sure it wouldn't, but just thought I'd see if anyone else had tried it.

Also, any news about those tube extensions? Shot show is next week...hoping something cool will come out of the Benelli camp during that.

No news yet, though it's still about 1.5 months till when they told me to check back again.

If any of you guys stop by their booth at SHOT, please, please bug them about the Vinci's 7-round and 9-round tubes. Even though the law may now allow them to import these, that doesn't necessarily mean they'll do them first (before other models in their line-up) or soon, so we still need to apply pressure to them.

• 5 weeks later...

I own one of the first vinci's (camo) that came out. It's been through 3 duck seasons ( I think) and 20+ cases of shells. Half of those were 3" black cloud. I'm harder than most on duck guns. The finish is worn through on every edge and chipped off in a place or two. I just ordered my 2nd replacement recoil spring. When I ordered my first one I was apparently the first to need one. I know it seems like I'm down on the gun. I absolutely love it. I just wish I could get a extended tube for 3 gun/ goose conservation season.

Dammit, that is exactly what i want(aside from Benelli USA not screwing things up, hopefully deciding to sell Vinci Barrels seperately and extended mag tubes), nice pic. Still not worth moving to Italy for, maybe we will get something like that here in the good ol' free USA someday. I really miss the pre-1986 days.

:cheers:

My gun is used primarily for duck/goose hunting. Any thoughts about adding the secondary recoil spring from a super Vinci to keep me from replacing them once a year. I know it probably won't cycle light loads but if I use it for 3 gun it doesn't take but a few minutes to remove.

• 2 weeks later...

I just emailed BenelliUSA again asking about the magazine tube extensions and if any progress had been made on getting them to the US after the November restrictions were removed...response was that no news yet and wait a minimum of 3 months to see if anything is going to happen. Really? In 3 months, I could sell my Vinci and fall in love with an M2...or another manufacturer all together that is already offering the extensions because they understand what their customers want.

Annoyed.

• 2 weeks later...

I got in touch with a UK dealer that was willing to ship OEM Benelli Magazine extension tubes for the Vinci. I was quoted "£200.00 + carriage". Does that sound like a fair price?

Today's exchange rate shows that to be slightly over $317 and then transatlantic shipping will be on top of that. I have no idea if that is "fair" but is seems steep to me. Then again, an 18.5" Benelli barrel for my SuperNova would be $300 from an online dealer here in the USA. I hope that's somehow helpful.

I am not a 3 gun shooter, but would love to try someday.

I have been reading through this thread because I own a Benelli and because I wasn't familiar with the Vinci. After looking at it I can see what you all are saying. The idea that one of you had about making a Vinci package with interchangeable barrels and the extra mag extensions is really cool. I agree that they are not utilizing this system to its full potential. You know they could find a way to make this project come to life.

Think about it, you are able to buy a Vinci set that has say a 21 inch barrel and a 28 inch barrel with the 3 xtended mag tubes and then make some different sighting options available like a rail that can be mounted on top to mount an optical or ghost ring rear sight and still be able to have your standard light gathering tubes for hunting and clay sports and put all that in a cool, sturdy travel case and you'd have all the bases covered for damn near any shotgun sport you played. You could even have a home defense barrel thrown in there too at maybe 18 inches that could also give you a slug option for deer hunting.

I think it's an awesome idea and would sell like hotcakes if they didn't price the darn thing at $4000 or something crazy like that.

In fact I can't believe Benelli hasn't already done something like this or is planning on it in the near future. Such an innovative company, you'd think they'd be on top of these things.

I think it would work if any other top shotgun maker done it too. Mossberg could easily do it with their 930 auto too.

GREAT IDEA.

Then again maybe they don't want to make something like this because if they did why would you need to come to them for any other shotgun needs? Gun owners don't need many excuses to buy more guns though whether they need them or not, but that may be what they think when presented with a great idea like this.

Nalajr

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One of my friends and I have been tweaking on a couple of vinci's. One needed the carrier opened and polished due to a lip on the right side of the shell carrier. Mine didn't have this lip. both have had some slight cycling problems. My gun is suffering from recoil spring issues. anyone else had these issues?

• 1 month later...

Bad news, guys (or good news for the domestic accessory makers like Benny and Nordic). I got this email from Benelli Italy today:

unfortunately US-BAFF didn’t accept the new interpretation of the low.

For our loyal customer nothing change in comparison with past times. We can’t sell Vinci 9 round magazine to end-user.

Please keep your passion for Benelli live and enjoy your Vinci.

We hope to serve you with the most reliable and innovative gun.

Best Regards,

Customer Care

Benelli Armi S.p.a.

Urbino – Italy

So, looks like Obama's signing intention when he stated that we would ignore the riders that would have allowed us to import the tubes was enough to prevent Benelli from taking the risk of running afoul of the ATF.

Looks like I'll either have to make my own tube or wait till Benny or Nordic have released theirs...

One of my friends and I have been tweaking on a couple of vinci's. One needed the carrier opened and polished due to a lip on the right side of the shell carrier. Mine didn't have this lip. both have had some slight cycling problems. My gun is suffering from recoil spring issues. anyone else had these issues?

No lip or recoil spring issues on my Vinci. You might've gotten a rare lemon. Put some magic marker marks on your spring and see if it's rubbing on something inside the receiver as you cycle it.