Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Idea for classifier

Sudden Death

Post it here and lets talk about it's merits...? :cheers:

OK here is the idea. It is basicly the El Prez. BUT here is the twist start with gun unloaded AND holstered, so you turn,load,rack slide,ect... And call it El Conquistador ( El = means THE and Conquistador = means conquer) The Conquer :unsure:

Edited by Sudden Death

I would be afraid of too many shooters not doing the turn first since they have the loading on their mind.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...c=90578&hl=

Also I see AD's from new shooters (and old) racking the slide with their finger on the trigger trying to go at warp speed since it's a classifier. I'm just not sure adding the "loading" part is a skill that should be tested in a classifier that starts facing uprange.

Strictly my 2 cents though. :ph34r:

Edited by Flexmoney
formatting

OK here is the idea. It is basicly the El Prez. BUT here is the twist start with gun unloaded AND holstered, so you turn,load,rack slide,ect... And call it El Conquistador ( El = means THE and Conquistador = means conquer) The Conquer :unsure:

Wouldn't be legal under the current rules... neither is the El Prez for that matter.

Wouldn't be legal under the current rules... neither is the El Prez for that matter.

Care to elaborate?

Care to elaborate?

Corey, the first thing that comes to mind... To become a "classifier" it must be shot at a level III and also have the appropriate number of GMs shooting it, to give us a baseline HF. Until a stage has been accepted as a "classifier" it needs to comply with the rules of stage design. 1.1.5 says it must be "Freestyle" and the exceptions are Standards or Classifiers, but since it hasn't been shot at a Level III yet, it's not a "classifier" (Can;t dictate mandatory reloads, shooting positions, or locations, the use of a box etc etc) and therefore can not take the classifier exemption under 1.1.5.2 which basically is there to grandfather classifiers which do not comply with current rules.

It is my understanding that all "illegal" classifiers will eventually be phased out as legal ones are shot and hf obtained.

JT

Edited by JThompson

Care to elaborate?

Corey, the first thing that comes to mind... To become a "classifier" it must be shot at a level III and also have the appropriate number of GMs shooting it, to give us a baseline HF. Until a stage has been accepted as a "classifier" it needs to comply with the rules of stage design. 1.1.5 says it must be "Freestyle" and the exceptions are Standards or Classifiers, but since it hasn't been shot at a Level III yet, it's not a "classifier" (Can;t dictate mandatory reloads, shooting positions, or locations, the use of a box etc etc) and therefore can not take the classifier exemption under 1.1.5.2 which basically is there to grandfather classifiers which do not comply with current rules.

It is my understanding that all "illegal" classifiers will eventually be phased out as legal ones are shot and hf obtained.

JT

So the most famous of all classifiers hasn't even been shot at a area match yet?

Care to elaborate?

JT

So the most famous of all classifiers hasn't even been shot at a area match yet?

No, that's not what I'm saying, I'm saying that today you could not get the El Prez sanctioned as a classifier because it does not comply with the rules of stage design for level II-III. Since all new classifiers must comply with the rules BEFORE they may become a classifier, it would not be able to be shot because it does not comply and would be deemed to be an illegal stage for the reasons I stated above. Furthermore, it is my understanding that the "classifier exemption" is there to make a loophole by which the old classifiers may be shot under the rules, until they get more classifiers in the database. I would think when they have more stages in the database the exception would then be removed from the rules.

On a personal note, I would not like to see the El Prez go away.

It's a catch-22 that JT is speaking of.

The rule book says "classifiers" are legal. However, to get to be a =new classifier, the cof usually needs to be shoot at a Major (seems to be current policy)...with a handful of GM's to give a baseline for the high hit factor. But, to get shot at a major...it has to follow the current rules.

While "El Prez" would be legal to shoot...since it's already a classifier, a cof that is similar to El Prez wouldn't (since it's not free-style, already a classifier, nor a standard exercise).

It's a catch-22 that JT is speaking of.

The rule book says "classifiers" are legal. However, to get to be a =new classifier, the cof usually needs to be shoot at a Major (seems to be current policy)...with a handful of GM's to give a baseline for the high hit factor. But, to get shot at a major...it has to follow the current rules.

While "El Prez" would be legal to shoot...since it's already a classifier, a cof that is similar to El Prez wouldn't (since it's not free-style, already a classifier, nor a standard exercise).

Yup, that about sums it up. ;)

Care to elaborate?

JT

No, that's not what I'm saying, I'm saying that today you could not get the El Prez sanctioned as a classifier because it does not comply with the rules of stage design for level II-III. Since all new classifiers must comply with the rules BEFORE they may become a classifier, it would not be able to be shot because it does not comply and would be deemed to be an illegal stage for the reasons I stated above. Furthermore, it is my understanding that the "classifier exemption" is there to make a loophole by which the old classifiers may be shot under the rules, until they get more classifiers in the database. I would think when they have more stages in the database the exception would then be removed from the rules.

On a personal note, I would not like to see the El Prez go away.

Geez Jim, I hate it when you`re right