Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

excel sheet example for scoring

pdice

Does anyone have an example excel file that automatically breaks our results for each stage and overall on separate sheets?

USPSA? IDPA? Steel Challenge? Multi Gun? None of the above? I need a bit more information.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Not sure what you mean by "results for each stage". I have a web application that does this:

post-2179-1250174265_thumb.jpg

But you have to have a web server (apache or iis) running on your machine.

I thought of doing the same but what I was concerned about was the days that I can't make it. I need to have something that I can hand off to someone to run. I thought excel sheet would be best.

For example:

1) On sheet1 where I'm inputting the scores I have each competitor and all stage entries

name | stage 1 | stage 2 | stage 3 |

joe | 13.2 | 10 | 8 |

sally | 14.0 | 8 | 20 |

mike | 11 | 20 | 15 |

2) On sheet 2, the results for stage 1 would automatically be calculated.

rank | name | time

1 | mike | 11.0

2 | joe | 13.2

3 | sally | 14.0

3) then you have three more sheets that have the results for stage 2, stage 3, and then an overall

Does anyone have an example excel file that automatically breaks our results for each stage and overall on separate sheets?

USPSA? IDPA? Steel Challenge? Multi Gun? None of the above? I need a bit more information.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Don't care which one. I'm looking more for some excel help in general. I've found some references online to some excel examples, but I haven't been able to get any to work so far with the existing scoresheet I have.

• 4 weeks later...

pdice, I link info from one page to the appropriate section on a second page. For my data page on a steel challenge run I have the 5 runs and totals minus the score's run of all the stages, competitors name and divisions on one page and the next page I have the totals for each stage and with the competitors name and divisions on the following pages. But it is a simple spreadsheet and labor intensive as I have to Sort by Division, center fire or Rimfire and by total times to get results. Is there one with Macros on it for a easier set up, LChico? Thanx rdd

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Don't care which one. I'm looking more for some excel help in general. I've found some references online to some excel examples, but I haven't been able to get any to work so far with the existing scoresheet I have.

It makes a lot of difference which one because the complexity of the calculations are dramatically different. '

You can write macros in Excel to do a lot, but I doubt you would be able to score a USPSA match purely in an Excel spread sheet.