Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Show me skills/you tube videos

shooterbenedetto

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the shot that appeared to go over the berm, that had the RO shaking his head afterwards.

The way the video plays on my screen, shot broke after he started moving, and gun was angled upwards.

Practically shot through the barrel

If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, but that's what it looked like on my screen.

Sorry for being "that guy"

I'll stay quiet going fwd.

For the shot that appeared to go over the berm, that had the RO shaking his head afterwards.

The way the video plays on my screen, shot broke after he started moving, and gun was angled upwards.

Practically shot through the barrel

If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, but that's what it looked like on my screen.

Sorry for being "that guy"

I'll stay quiet going fwd.

Looks like that on my screen too. Three shots went off and the third seemed to be what is was described above.

This thread needs some 3 gun. Actually planned to use the MatchSaver for once, almost shot the two left pistol targets with a foot out of the box but caught it in time. The important thing is that my time was .2 seconds behind Rob Tate!

Added bonus: you get to see my wife's hand!

RO was very kind to you at 1:01

Most I know would have sent you home.

yep, however it wasn't as high as it looks in the video from the smoke, it only hit slightly above the target so hard call/I could have argued I was on target, no where near being into the barrel.

Still, very lucky for sure and I'll readily admit that.

Edited by amish_rabbi

Is an accidental discharge or whatever you want to call it (negligible etc.) shooting while not aiming at a target, Is that a DQ? even if it hit the berm, In my mind that should be DQ-able no? I seriously dont know which is why im asking the question and the video is a perfect example of what I would call an accidental discharge. Not trying to ruffle feathers, I am just curious.

If it's a shot that breaks while moving, reloading, clearing a jam etc or a shot that goes over the berm or within 10 feet of you (unless shooting at low targets), it's a DQ.

Not according to the rules, its only an AD if the shot is not on/near a target, otherwise its simply a bad shot. Anyways, not a rules thread its a gallery thread.

In the USPSA rules there's nothing that says anything about an AD that happens to hit a target not being a DQ. I've witnessed an AD during a reload that happened to hit cardboard, but the DQ call was correct.

Edged out another match win today. Shot a clean match but felt super slow. Must be all that extra calories I'm lugging around. :) Made a few silly mistakes here and there. Need more focus. Also switched to using my iPhone for 3rd person videos and used the Slow-mo mode for some of the shots. Hope you like it.

Edged out another match win today. Shot a clean match but felt super slow. Must be all that extra calories I'm lugging around. :) Made a few silly mistakes here and there. Need more focus. Also switched to using my iPhone for 3rd person videos and used the Slow-mo mode for some of the shots. Hope you like it.

Nice!!

• 2 weeks later...
Custer's range is one of the best run with very interesting bays which allows them to design fun and challenging stages. This month's match had lots of low ports which makes it hard for aging knees to deal with, at least the bays had soft sand. I felt slow in some stages because I was waiting for a perfect sight picture instead of shooting early, calling my shots and correcting them if needed.

Headed down to Albany, Oregon to shoot the 2016 Columbia Cascades Sectional Level II match at the fabulous Albany Rifle Club. Managed to squeak in a 3rd place finish with lots of abruptness and hesitation in my shooting. Did not feel smooth at all except for one stage. I think my shooting platform is weak while moving, so I know what I'm going to work on for the next few weeks. That said, I thought my steel work was awesome! Thanks to Jemy for taking video of me from other angles. 

Edited by robot

@ 2.04 you can see the shots in the background one going far left and one going far right,but when you go up to the targets both shots are close to each other and low?

and in the last section you have 2 high and 2 low in the background yet there all close to each other on the target?

Edited by mickd1