Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6 year old IPSC Shooter

BritinUSA

After watching the second video, my concern would be that as an RO I would never let a shooter, especially a new or young one, get that far from me. He could turn and let a shot off long before anyone could react. Not saying he would, but I've seen master class shooters DQ'd for turning around with their gun.

To me, he's being taught to run a race before he's got walking down good.(that's a metaphor, not talking about his actual walking/running ability, lol)

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this in another thread. So, what age did KC start shooting. Some have mentioned that they did not let their kids start shooting pistol until they were 15.

Grand Master at the age of 12.

KC Eusebio, Open Division, age 12, year 2001

I do not have a problem with kids shooting. What is important is that they are supervised and taught correctly.

Simon “JJ” Racaza was born in Cebu City, Philippines on April 16, 1980. He started shooting at approximately six years old with a bolt action single shot air rifle. At about the age of nine, his father, who was an A class shooter (1 class below a Master) started bringing him to his practice sessions and minor matches. Being a typical kid idolizing his father, “JJ” mimicked his father’s shooting. “JJ”s father noticed his skills and decided to hone it. With that, his Dad had him try shooting. “JJ” stepped up, held the 1911 .45 cal. and fired his first pistol shots. Shot after shot, he couldn’t miss and with everyone watching it, his firing seemed effortless. After that first day of shooting, “JJ” never looked back.

www.jjracaza.com

Edited by cyburg

• 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am all for getting kids involved in shooting sports and so on but at this age..... they should be worried about swimming pools and toys. Too young for shooting handguns, the most dangerous guns of them all, maybe long rifles, such as 22 lr but not handguns. But you see this all over now, kids are doing sports at very young ages. Hopefully everyone stays safe.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...