Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6 year old IPSC Shooter

BritinUSA

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do I see 2 fingers in the trigger guard or just an unusual left handed grip?? Would probably be well worth getting that 2lb watch off the wrist also, or is that strategically placed weight to reduce recoil??? :roflol: Cool pic!!!

Wow! I am surprised he is able to rack the slide. Pretty impressive.

BTW - I noticed that all of the shooters in the posted videos started with gun holster - without a round chambered. Is that a rule in the Philippines?

I dont know if he hit anything, but he sure looked like he was giving it his all. He kept reloading and shooting, reloading and shooting .... made it hard for the RO to tell if he was done! ;) ( I think he just LOVES to shoot! )

PS I like the idea of using blue tarps for walls too!

It makes me kind of sick to my stomach to watch this kind of stuff.

Way too little. Way too young.

I'll agree that he shouldn't be shooting Ipsc at that age but should there is no problem with kids starting that young. Both of my girls started at 4 with a pistol and rifle. There is nothing wrong with it at long as its done safely. I don't consider this video any where near safe.

I will admit that this kid shows some great muzzle control and might be one in a million to be that young and be able to shoot but what kind of parent would take the risk to see if they were that 1 kid in a million. Not me.

Flyin

Hey its not nice to call people little. <_<

.....never underestimate small kids......

I agree.

Way too young to shoot IPSC.

Standing at a line with direct supervision, OK, but not IPSC.

Great muzzle control, poor trigger control (monster trigger jerks), not so great on the counting/planning. Kid looks real young, but I'm loathe to make a judgment from half a world away without ever having met him. I remember when I started IPSC when I was about 11 or 12 years old, there were lots of folks who were real nervous and even a couple countries where I wasn't allowed to compete.

BTW - I noticed that all of the shooters in the posted videos started with gun holster - without a round chambered. Is that a rule in the Philippines?

Not a rule, more like the norm for safety's sake. Chambered starts, unfortunately, are rare.

Great muzzle control, poor trigger control (monster trigger jerks), not so great on the counting/planning. Kid looks real young, but I'm loathe to make a judgment from half a world away without ever having met him. I remember when I started IPSC when I was about 11 or 12 years old, there were lots of folks who were real nervous and even a couple countries where I wasn't allowed to compete.

There's "half a world" of difference between an 11 or 12 year old and a 6 year old.

There's "half a world" of difference between an 11 or 12 year old and a 6 year old.

He is right. Developmentally, children that young do not have a firm grasp of the differnce between "fantasy" vs "reality". They is why their pretend play is so rich. Older children still do pretend play but they know very, very well where the line is. No matter where a 6 year old lives, that line will still be fuzzy for them as their brain is simply not developed enough.

The whole thing looks like a profoundly idiotic stunt by a parent dreaming of a new Tiger Woods. Moronic and dangerous thing to do to a small child

who ONLY wants to please a parent.

Jim

The whole thing looks like a profoundly idiotic stunt by a parent dreaming of a new Tiger Woods. Moronic and dangerous thing to do to a small child

who ONLY wants to please a parent.

Jim

I feel the same way, I may be in the minority on this subject but my kids never even touched a handgun until they were about 15. They had their own shotguns at 12.

you'll get your chance to see him in action, I hear he's coming for the Nats and one Area match.

His Dad contacted me about the Ohio Section and the IPSC Nationals matches.

I bumped that up, down and sideways through the chain of command. The consensus is that, as long as he follows the same rules as everybody else...then he is good to go.

We are making sure that our target sticks aren't too high (so shots impact the berm). That shouldn't really be a problem, since we have some regular monthly shooter that are about his size. :lol: