Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Early Warning - 2010 Kentucky Sectional Match

Well for those who like to plan ahead, the 2010 Kentucky Sectional match will be held October 22-24, 2010. The location will be the Park Mammoth facility, just North of Bowling Green, Kentucky. This is the same facility the Blue Ridge 3 Gun is shot at.

We are planning 10 stages, plus chronograph, with a round count around 300 give or take. Shooters Connection has agreed to be the match sponsor, thanks Chuck.

Entry fee will be in the 85-100 dollar range, to be determined a little later. The theme will be Halloween, so who knows what that might lead to. It will be a half day format, Staff will shoot on Friday, along with a limited amount of other shooters as needed. We will be using the USPSA self squadding feature for your convince.

I volunteered, cough, cough, cough, to be the MD, so once again who knows what that might lead to.

Chris Conley will be the Assistant MD. Congratulations Chris :devil:

We will have more information available and a link to a website as soon as we can get things organized. This decision was just made today about noon.

Thanks for looking.

Gary

Well for those who like to plan ahead, the 2010 Kentucky Sectional match will be held October 22-24, 2010. The location will be the Park Mammoth facility, just North of Bowling Green, Kentucky. This is the same facility the Blue Ridge 3 Gun is shot at.

We are planning 10 stages, plus chronograph, with a round count around 300 give or take. Shooters Connection has agreed to be the match sponsor, thanks Chuck.

Entry fee will be in the 85-100 dollar range, to be determined a little later. The theme will be Halloween, so who knows what that might lead to. It will be a half day format, Staff will shoot on Friday, along with a limited amount of other shooters as needed. We will be using the USPSA self squadding feature for your convince.

I volunteered, cough, cough, cough, to be the MD, so once again who knows what that might lead to.

Chris Conley will be the Assistant MD. Congratulations Chris :devil:

We will have more information available and a link to a website as soon as we can get things organized. This decision was just made today about noon.

Thanks for looking.

Gary

Bought time we get some matches back in the Bluegrass!! :cheers:

Well for those who like to plan ahead, the 2010 Kentucky Sectional match will be held October 22-24, 2010. The location will be the Park Mammoth facility, just North of Bowling Green, Kentucky.

I agree!! Planning ahead makes everything run smoother............what is the match hotel? :roflol:

Well for those who like to plan ahead, the 2010 Kentucky Sectional match will be held October 22-24, 2010. The location will be the Park Mammoth facility, just North of Bowling Green, Kentucky.

I agree!! Planning ahead makes everything run smoother............what is the match hotel? :roflol:

Park Mammoth Resort, the match site has it's own lodge and dining. I can attest that the food is quite good.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

I would also like to add that with the match being shot at the end of October, the fall colors should be outstanding with wildlife abound. That said, with all the attractions around the shooting facility itself (Mammoth Cave National Park) it's going to make a fun weekend for the family.

Nick, Nate and myself were shooting MGM's yesterday with deer blowing at us everytime we hit the steel. That's just badass.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

I second the motion to have Gary run again! Remember Gary, it is not what is best for you it is what is best for the people.

Thanks for posting these dates early. It makes planning for next year a lot easier.

• 8 months later...

I know it's been a while but we have finalized everything and I can now post all the particulars. Sorry for the delay, on to the match info.

Match date is set in stone for 22-24 Oct. Match sponsor is Shooters Connection. Match is going to be in full day format. 45 shooters on Friday and Sunday and 90 shooters on Saturday. Friday starts at noon, Saturday starts at 8 am, Sunday starts at 8 am and starts the last stage at 12 noon. Lunch will then be served at the lodge. Squadding will be done on the USPSA self-squadding site. 8 Stages plus chrono, round count will be 250+

This is going to be a trophy only match, match fee is $100. The main goal for the match is to accumulate funds to start a new USPSA club at Rockcastle Shooting Center. With that being said we are starting this match from scratch with no club really in existance. Some of the match staff, Rockcastle, Gary and myself will be there on and off during summer building the props, walls, etc. to get things ready by October.

Rackcastle is also going to block off 50 rooms at the lodge for $69 per night. Just tell the staff when you reserve your room "KY State Championship" for the discount. As most of you know they will also be serving breakfast and dinner the lodge. Lunch will also be available on the range on Saturday and after the match on Sunday at the lodge.

Guys this is an outstanding facility. There is nothing like it east of the big river. They are presently working on the pistol bays and here some pictures from last Friday. The bays are 25 yards wide and 40 yards deep.

post-10237-127077046947_thumb.jpg

post-10237-12707705094_thumb.jpg

post-10237-127077054626_thumb.jpg

post-10237-127077060305_thumb.jpg

Rockcastle Website: http://www.rockcastleshootingcenter.com/

Park Mammoth Resort: Phone (270)749-4101

Gary and myself hope to see a bunch of you guys at there in October and get this new club started. If there are any questions you can email me at the address is listed below. I'll see some of your all at the Indiana match this weekend.

There will be more info to follow soon.

Chris Conley

conley270@bellsouth.net

Edited by Chris Conley

Applications? I'm looking forward tot his one! If Gary is building props does that mean there will be a stage where we have to drive a golf cart roflol.gif

I like the sound of that one! Warsaw had one last year where you rode on the back of one....

Pictures look good. If this place is anything like the BGSL (where the SS/Prod BITB match was) this place is gonna be great! I may have to venture another trip south for this one.....

Applications? I'm looking forward tot his one! If Gary is building props does that mean there will be a stage where we have to drive a golf cart roflol.gif

I like the sound of that one! Warsaw had one last year where you rode on the back of one....

Pictures look good. If this place is anything like the BGSL (where the SS/Prod BITB match was) this place is gonna be great! I may have to venture another trip south for this one.....

From what I hear this place is a lot better than what we have at BGSL. Its suppose to be the USSA east of the Mississippi.

From what I hear this place is a lot better than what we have at BGSL. Its suppose to be the USSA east of the Mississippi.

Reeeeeeeaaaaalllly? haha. sounds like a plaec i need to check out. When are the apps gonna be avaiable?

Hi Folks, Chris and I are working on reducing some of the overhead cost of this match. We look to have an entry fee reduction before the applications go online. There are some fixed cost that just have to be absorbed, but we might be able to trim a few dollars here and there to reduce the entry fee. I am hoping to get it down to about 85 dollars, we'll see.

Gary