Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help Get My Co-Worker (and Trojan Alum) Out of Jail!

Bounced this off of the mods before posting. To all of them, thanks for the support and expediency in getting this out. A co-worker and fellow Trojan over the years has raised over $20k for Muscular Dystrophy (Jerry Lewis' telethon). This year if he doesn't reach his goal, he's going to jail. Obviously a spoof, but still let's help a guy with a great cause (i.e. the kids).

Here's his pitch from Brent:

Okay, another year has passed and it is my time again when I support a group who has long supported me. For the past four years I have been involved with the Muscular Dystrophy Association. Why you may ask. Well, in the beginning of 2005 I was diagnosed with FSH (Facioscapulohumeral Dystrophy). While it is not a life threatening form of muscular dystrophy, it has affected my life in a number of ways. My grandfather had the same form of MD as I do and he lived a wonderful life (he is the one on the scooter in the picture on my webpage).

After the initial shock and awe of being diagnosed, I decided to take action and help support the wonderful people at MDA who work year round to not only find a cure for the 43 different types of neuromuscular diseases, but they support families through medical care, therapy (both physical and psychological), equipment needs and my favorite, the summer camp for kids. Since I have taken action in 2006, I (with the help of family and friends) have raised nearly $20,000 for these causes and I hope to continue this year. I know this isn’t the greatest fiscal year to be asking people for money, but unfortunately, these diseases don’t take a break when the economy is down. In the past years I have participated in a Walk-A-Thon of sorts, but this year I have decided to get locked in jail. If I don’t raise enough money, I will remain behind bars (please keep in mind that I need to work on the following day).

Please take a moment to visit my website where you can make a donation or find links for more information on Muscular Dystrophy. Jerry Lewis has a telethon every Labor Day to raise money for the same cause, if you give money to that telethon every year (or are planning to this year), you can donate here instead, it all goes to the same place. You can also find information about exactly what your money goes to on the website. I visited the summer camp in Lake Tahoe two years ago, and it was an experience beyond words to see these children, half confined to a wheelchair, happier than ever because they were being treated like normal people without a disability.

Don’t be shy about asking me questions either. I whole heartedly believe in this cause and know they will find a cure within my lifetime.

Please take a moment to visit my website where you can make a donation or just read up on what MDA does. Thanks in advance for your support.

Brent's MDA Donation Website

Thanks,

Rich

ETA: I figure if I can $5 from each of my BE.com family, we'll be good. :D

Edited by uscbigdawg