Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

It's All In The Soundtrack

Micah

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a rule against listening while you shoot? Of course you'd still need to be able to hear commands...

I recently got a new set of peltor's with the audio input jack...but it is a proprietary plug anyone know where to get it...peltor site no help.

Is there a rule against listening while you shoot? Of course you'd still need to be able to hear commands...

I recently got a new set of peltor's with the audio input jack...but it is a proprietary plug anyone know where to get it...peltor site no help.

Can you post a picture of the jack? I'm an audio nerd. If you can get a picture, I can probably identify it.

Back in the day before MP3's, I make a ... wait for it ... cassette tape compilation especially for big matches. It had songs that made me happy, got me "up," but not too jacked up (like Slayer or something).

At some point, after seeing me listening to it many times, John Shaw asked if he could listen to it. I don't think he knew any of the music - but he really liked the tape. So much so that I gave it to him. (He'd done me plenty of favors.) ;)

Now with the modern day stuff - MP3's, awesome headphones - I'd have a Playlist for each type of match (Bianchi, Steel Challenge, IPSC, etc.).

be

Been doing that for quite a while. Makes a huge difference for me. I can really set my mood with music.

I have a "shooting" playlist in my IPOD and several CDs that I listen to on the way to matches. Now, if I could only find a set of electronic ear protection which I could plug the IPOD into directly. that would be the bomb!

. Now, if I could only find a set of electronic ear protection which I could plug the IPOD into directly. that would be the bomb!

+1 Exactly what my new peltor's are supposed to do...if I can figure out where to get the adapter...

Anyone ever try any Shure brand earphones?

George (Geoff Linder) turned me on to them - they're pretty kick ass. And they're great for plane rides because they shut out most of the ambient noise.

be

I use a set of Shure E3's, but the E5's are what's really worth drooling over. Shure headphones were designed as in-ear stage monitors for musicians who play in environments that are too noisy to hear stage monitors(imagine trying to hear yourself sing while a metal drummer is banging away behind you in a small bar). They have awesome noise blocking characteristics, and AMAZING sound for such small earbuds. They're also usually made to go over the back of your ear so that the cord can run down the back of your shirt and be completely unseen. They would probably fit under pretty much any muffs. I've never though about using them while shooting. I'll have to give it a try. :cheers:

EDIT***

Woops, looks like E3's and E5's are discontinued. It's been a while since I bought mine. Shure is still a great company though. They're the industry standard for professional grade microphones.

Edited by Rob D

George (Geoff Linder) turned me on to them - they're pretty kick ass. And they're great for plane rides because they shut out most of the ambient noise.

be

I use a set of Shure E3's, but the E5's are what's really worth drooling over. Shure headphones were designed as in-ear stage monitors for musicians who play in environments that are too noisy to hear stage monitors(imagine trying to hear yourself sing while a metal drummer is banging away behind you in a small bar). They have awesome noise blocking characteristics, and AMAZING sound for such small earbuds. They're also usually made to go over the back of your ear so that the cord can run down the back of your shirt and be completely unseen. They would probably fit under pretty much any muffs. I've never though about using them while shooting. I'll have to give it a try. :cheers:

EDIT***

Woops, looks like E3's and E5's are discontinued. It's been a while since I bought mine. Shure is still a great company though. They're the industry standard for professional grade microphones.

That's pretty much what Geoff told me.

be

be

EDIT***

Funny I own a couple of these for in-ear musician monitoring and never used them on the range.

Probably cause I like to be social and interact.

Take a look at M-Audio

I think they sound better than Shure but definitely are as good as any out there. Shure is the gold standard.

I also have a pair of Westones (shures old supplier) and I like them a lot cause they are very flat eq and cheap vs the Shures.

• 3 weeks later...
. Now, if I could only find a set of electronic ear protection which I could plug the IPOD into directly. that would be the bomb!

+1 Exactly what my new peltor's are supposed to do...if I can figure out where to get the adapter...

I just thought I post that I found the part number ( FL6H ) for the peltor adapter. I'm going to buy it and give it a try.

Here's a link to see it...

http://www.boss-safety.com/peltor-fl6h-rec...-36-p-4791.html

Nothing like a little Rob Zombie to get the heart rate up!

Seiichi

Nah man

This is go-fast music:

Music fast enough to give the surgeon general a heart attack:

>>>

<<<

>>>Click here for more music to get you pumped<<<

>>>Click here for even more music to get you pumped<<<

I have the Pro Ears: Pro Mag Gold

I can listen to my ipod/mp3 player through these electronic ears just fine. Sound quality is good too, no need for in-ear buds or anything. A bit pricey, but i have no problem wearing them comfortably all day, hearing conversations, listening to music, and protecting my ears.

• 2 months later...
Nothing like a little Rob Zombie to get the heart rate up!

Seiichi

Nah man

This is go-fast music:

Music fast enough to give the surgeon general a heart attack:

>>>

<<<

>>>Click here for more music to get you pumped<<<

>>>Click here for even more music to get you pumped<<<

I have the Pro Ears: Pro Mag Gold

I can listen to my ipod/mp3 player through these electronic ears just fine. Sound quality is good too, no need for in-ear buds or anything. A bit pricey, but i have no problem wearing them comfortably all day, hearing conversations, listening to music, and protecting my ears.

Wow! Another metal fan on the forum, cool. :devil: I have some of those bands in my collection, but I tend to stay with this type of stuff: Cannibal Corpse Someone talked of squirting bullets at warp 13 earlier...this stuff will help with that. BTW, yes, I really listen to this stuff and have been for nearly 20 years. :wacko:

I'm going to try the "custom plugs" with the earbud inserted idea. It intrigues me...