Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Solo 1,000 for 45ACP?

Fire_Medic

I currently reload lead in 9mm using Solo 1,000 and have tweaked a nice round for it that makes me happy. I have an 8lb jug which I haven't made a dent in yet since I'm only 1500 rounds in on the 9mm. I know u can use Solo 1,000 for 45ACP, but what kind of results are those of you that do use it having? I have 1K 230 GR FMJ on order from Precision Delta and after those run out would like to try 230 gr LRN. I will be getting my first 1911 in about a week and a half and want to have all my reloading stuff in order for when the new baby comes home.

Would make since to use this powder since I already have so much of it, but if not what are you using?

Thanks

I have been messing around with it in 45ACP a little.

I am loading 230gr MG JHP with 4.5 gr right now for avg 743 fps. 230gr lead round nose (S&S) with 4.2 for average 758 fps.

I have used Solo for 40 too and been happy. I am hoping it will be my only pistol powder.

I used Solo 1000 at the single stack nationals and it gave me 173 power factor. I live in the mtns of colorado so I was worried about temp, humidity, and altitude changes. I had 169 - 170 pf here.

I used 230gr bear creek moly bullets, 4.1gr solo 1000, 1.250 OAL. Fed large pistol primers. I won my class with this load! I shot a kimber 5".

Randy

I used Solo 1000 at the single stack nationals and it gave me 173 power factor. I live in the mtns of colorado so I was worried about temp, humidity, and altitude changes. I had 169 - 170 pf here.

I used 230gr bear creek moly bullets, 4.1gr solo 1000, 1.250 OAL. Fed large pistol primers. I won my class with this load! I shot a kimber 5".

Randy

Thanks I will save this for when I pick up my Kimber, getting a Custom II TLE on the 10th.

:roflol:

If you are thinking of 200 gr LSWC, 4.85 gr S1000 with a 200 gr LSWC gives me a PF ~175 from a 5" SprArm 1911, & accuracy is fine. Good IDPA/SS load.

Anyone else have feedback on this for an IDPA/Singlestack load? Just putting together a list. Sounds like 230's are the way to go.

Rich

4.1 Solo 1000, WLP primer, Bear Creek 230 moly, 1.240 OAL.

Chrono'd them last night---172-174 PF. Can't really tell any

difference between the S1000 and Clays--but I've got a

8 lb jug of S1000, and darned little Clays.

Sure hope it's a good load, I'm loading up 500 for Area 1

tonight! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...