Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Recoil spring

9longboy

I guess I'll soon find out. My M&P Pro works great with stock springs and my 132+ P.F. match ammo. (My son mostly shoots this pistol-I can't seem to give up my G34). However, I have a case of weak factory ammo (115 gr PMC) I'd like to shoot up as practice ammo. It won't reliably cycle either the M&P or the G34. I just ordered the 13# spring and guide rod from SSS and will try it out with this stuff. Hopefully it won't screw us up switching back to the stock springs and reloads for matches...

hey did you try the 13lb spring yet?

I went out to the range today and shot about 100 rounds of sub-minor 115 grain factory ammo through the M&P Pro with the SSS 13 lbs spring installed. It functioned perfectly. With the stock recoil spring it wouldn't cycle this ammo. Didn't seem to have any issues with the slide not staying closed with the 13 lbs recoil spring and the stock striker spring. I'm trying to decide whether to leave the lighter spring in or go back to the stock spring for match ammunition (PF132).

I went out to the range today and shot about 100 rounds of sub-minor 115 grain factory ammo through the M&P Pro with the SSS 13 lbs spring installed. It functioned perfectly. With the stock recoil spring it wouldn't cycle this ammo. Didn't seem to have any issues with the slide not staying closed with the 13 lbs recoil spring and the stock striker spring. I'm trying to decide whether to leave the lighter spring in or go back to the stock spring for match ammunition (PF132).

I have tried the 15lb spring on a captured stock rod with 131pf and it was smooth and a little flatter tracking